View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:32 PM   #273
Radii
Head Coach

-- Harsanyi is named in the League 2 team of the week.

-- DL Stelios Nikolaou continues to improve, the coaches tell me his strength is up. His passing and Marking are both up as well.

Short Term Loaner

My Scouts recommend that I acquire a Championship level DC/DMC, stating that he'd be a superstar on the team. I look at him and he's worth 100k, so yeah... good luck with a transfer, but, he's listed for loan, so I make the loan offer. Danny Hedley joins us from Southampton. Solid athlete, 13 pace/accel, 15 jumping, all attributes over 10. Passing 12, Tackling 8, Marking 7. Mentally he's very strong, positioning, teamwork, work rate, bravery, all very very good, 11-14 for each rating.

it seems like Hedley should immediately play but at DC or DMC?

September 13nd, 2014

Chesterfield (1-2-3, 20th) @ Woking(4-0-2, 3rd)

Pretty much an even matchup, we're 13:8, they're 6:4 to win. We played twice last year, 0-0 tie at our place, 3-2 loss at theirs. Chesterfield finished 4th last season, missing auto promotion by 1 point. Their striker Ryan Blackwell scored 30 goals last year and was one of the top players in League 2. He's got 3 goals so far this year.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Smith/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Hedley
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Harsanyi/Kenny
ST: Subotic

Good news for us as Taylor and Kenny have both recovered from their injuries. Taylor isn't quite ready to start which makes our new acquisition Hedley an easy start at DMC. We're attacking today.

7': The highlight starts witha free kick from 25 yards out. Shot taken by Hackney, it barely misses our wall... and there must be less than an inch of room between the diving Lynch and teh ball, it is perfectly placed into the upper right corner. Stunning shot. 0-1

23': backpass to Lynch, and he puts it back in play right to a defender about 30 yards away... missed tackle by Smith, but Lynch makes the save.

26': Kenny with a great run down the right side but Subotic/Harsanyi are in bad spots.. a cross goes to Harsanyi but he's not able to get power on the header from the far left corner of the penalty area.

28': yellow for ogogo.

The rest of the half we see a highlight of Nikolaou committing a foul, and that's it. Subotic randomly has poor morale and he isn't playing well today, so I'm putting Bell-Baggie in at striker for the second half. Hedley isn't really match fit yet, Taylor will play the second half at DMC. We only take 2 shots, they only take 4. Hopefully we can attack a lot better inthe second half.

50': Foul on O'Sullivan a few yards outside the penalty area. Smith takes the free kick and puts it just over.

57': O'Sullivan to Bell-Baggie, he runs into the right side of the area and ends up taking a very difficult shot from a tight angle, hitting the post.

60': O'Sullivan a great through ball, Bell Baggie runs onto it... no defense there... wide left. clear cut strike, that was a goal, no excuse at all for missing it.

77': Bell-Baggie does not pass. If he gets it he is going 1 on whatever is in front of them to try to score. He dribbles into the area and goes down hard, he's hurt and I'm pulling him. Harsanyi to foward, N'Diaye AML.

86': Whoa! N'Diaye down the left side, a great cross to the far post, but Kenny isn't in a good position to shoot, he centers it to Harsanyi who heads it into the net! Pretty goal! 1-1

91': Free kick gets the ball in play for us, we move it forward quckly ,Taylor to O'Sullivan, he is into the right side of the area, he crosses it right across the face of the keeper and N'Diaye is there! He pokes it into the goal with the keeper out of position, GOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!! 2-1

What a comeback! This is a game we should win so I would hve been disappointed otherwise, but the manner in which we pulled this one off was incredible.

Woking 2 : 1 Chesterfield

We shoot 8 times in the second half, putting only two on target, both goals. We do not allow a single shot all half. Kenny has a brilliant game, making a number of runs early on and getting both of our assists. He is man of the match with a 9.0 rating. Harsanyi played ok at AML and then got a goal at striker, 8.1. N'Diaye with his first goal for me out of the AML spot, a 7.4 rating in short work. Ogogo, Nikolaou, and Smith all put up a 7.0, as does Bell-Baggie for his work for the second half before he got hurt.

We're back up to 1st after this win, 5-0-2.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote