View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 01:03 AM   #274
Radii
Head Coach

-- Harsanyi is named in the League 2 team of the week yet again, he's playing really well for us.

-- At the suggestion of our coaches we asked Joe O'Sullivan to work on his shooting power, he now feels his shot is powerful enough to be a bigger threat to opponents.

September 20th, 2014

Woking(5-0-2, 1st) @ Rochdale(4-1-2, 4th)

Rochdale are 4:6 favorites at their place today, we are 7:2 dogs. We beat these guys at our place 1-0 last year but got killed at theirs 4-1. Rochdale finished 5th last year.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Hedley/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/Kenny
ST: Harsanyi

Taylor is raedy to start again and I will give Hedley a look in defense. Joe Collins is healthy again and he gets the start at AML. Subotic hasn't scored in a couple matches now and Harsanyi is very hot, so I give him the start up front.

We'll play defensive today on the road.

4': We're defending and recover possession afer a corner. Some great passing between O'Sullivan, Kenny and Harsanyi advance the ball downfield. Kenny has it out wide, feeds it to O'Sullivan who puts a through ball out wide to Collins.. Collins has a look from the left side of the area, but he misses. Tough angle, very solid looking play on our part.

16': God Collins is so good, he doesn't have Jesus' speed but he can control the ball. A great move gets him a long run down the left, he puts in a good cross but Kenny heads it over.

28': Rochdale has 5 shots but 3 are long and off target. We have 3 shots, all off target. Their highlights are either long shots or our defense nicely breking up attacks.

45': A quick counter by Rochdale after we lose possession, they put in a nice cross form the left side, a striker with a header, Lynch makes a nice save.

HALF: Scoreless works for me. Hedley's rating is quite poor so far. We allow 8 shots, 4 long, they ende dup with 3 on target. We still have 3 shots only, none on target yet.

46': A bad pass by O'Sullivan near midfield triggers a break for them. There's a cross into the arae and a header that hits the crossbar. Scary.

54': Taylor with a yellow.

64': N'Diaye in for Collins at AML.

76': HARSANYI!!!!!!!!!!! Oh my god! He makes a logn run down the left sideline... we've got two guys that he can get a cross to. He goes into the area... doesn't cross it... two defenders converge, he somehow splits the defenders, finds himself just a few feet from the goal and puts it into the net!!! Possibly the best individual effort I've ever seen. 1-0

We hang on for the win!

Rochdale 0 : 1 Woking

Rochdale ended the match with 23 shots, but only 4 were on target and 16 were from long range. I did not see most of them in highlights. We only take 6 shots, 3 in the second half, HArsanyi just won this one for us by himself. The defense pitched the shutout but Harsanyi... holy shit.

Harsanyi earns an 8.3 rating and man of the match. N'Diay with a 6.8, but he had the assist. Upson 7.1, Ogogo 7.2, Nikolaou 7.3, and Hedley recovers nicely to put up a 7.3 rating. Hedley won 4 key headers and made 8 interceptions, both led the team.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote