View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 05:03 PM   #280
Radii
Head Coach

Injury Update

Downes was hurt in the second half of our last match and is out 2-3 weeks.

October Notes

--It looks like we get some rest in October, with only 4 matches scheduled.

--Harsanyi's goal is the goal of the month in league 2!

--The board is "very pleaesd" with my leadership. Taht's up from just pleased the last few months. Our performance in League 2 is a high, and the recent cold streak of Subotic after the super hot start is a low point. We lost $85k last month.

Loan Acquisition

QPR offer us DC Jamie Cooper, and the kid looks great. 16 heading/14 marking/12 passing/10 tackling. Solid positioning, great teamwork, work rate, ok determination, and a solid athlete everywhere but acceleration (which is only 6). I only have one long term loaner left, this looks like a very solid upgrade in the back with my frustrations with Smith and the fact that Thomas is an average backup at best. I go ahead and bring him in.

October 4th, 2014

Woking(6-1-4, 9th) @ Leyton Orient(7-2-2, 2nd)

Our steady fall from an early 1st place start continues and now we go on the road to face a team at the top. They finished 9th last year, just missing the playoffs. We beat them at our house and pulled off a 3-3 draw at theirs last season. They are huge 1:2 favorites today, we are 9:2 to win. We'll be on the defensive here for sure.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Cooper/Williams/Ogogo
DMC: Taylor
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Collins/Kenny
ST: Harsanyi

Our new DC gets an immediate start. At my assistant's suggestion we're going in hard to tackle midfielder Simon Walton.

1': Kenny opens the match with a nice run down the right side. They clear out his cross though. We get it back, Harsanyi gets the ball 20 yards out, he turns by one defender and makes his way into the penalty area, I thought he had a good look to shoot but he ended up running out right and trying a tough angle shot that he puts wide.

9': They control the ball forever. Like, 4 or 5 minutes it seems, in our end. Striker Kermorgant ends up taking a long shot from 23-24 yards out... and he bends it left, it hits the left upright and ricochets into the net. Nothing we could do about that once the shot was taken. We missed a tackle to allow the shot though. 0-1

22': free kcik for us in their end, Ogogo crosses it into the area, Cooper with a header, but its over the bar.

28': Midfielder Walton brings down Upson and picks up a yellow. Taylor takes a shot with a verrrry long free kick and puts it over.

37': We intercept a clearance, Taylor gets it after a weird bounce and has a run into the area, he has a solid shot with no defenders bothering him.. but its saved, he isn't the best finisher. We regain possession and pass it around for awhile but show no ability to get it into a threatening position.

46': Harsanyi with a great through ball to Kenny, Kenny has our first clear cut strike, he's trailed by a dfender but he's got space to shoot... but its saved, no luck. A defender beats Collins to the rebound and clears it.

HALF: We have an amazing 63% of the possession. We generate 8 shots but only put 2 on target. 5 are just straight out off target bad and one is blocked. We only allow two shots, and the only one on target is the long effort that gives Leyton Orient the lead. Kenny is having a rough day.

49': We're attackign. I'm frustrated. It'll probably backfire.

52': Kenny's rating goes down more. Incredible long ball on a counter attack from Harsanyi down the left side to Collins. collins plays a perfect cross, Kenny is 6 yards from the goal, the keeper is way out of position, and he heads it over. That's his second clear cut chance and he missed both. This one is completely unforgivable, the keeper simply was not there.

61': Kenny loses possesion in our end, they take it, make a quick run down the left, a cross and a header and we are probalby goign to lose now. Everyone says its a handball. "The Woking players are surrounding the referee" 0-2

71': Oh my god... Kenny with a great ball forward to Harsanyi who is so open I thought he might be offsides. He has our 3rd clear cut strike of the day, and he blasts it into the body of the keeper. It deflects away, Kenny runs onto it. The keeper is not there, he is on the ground after deflecting the shot. Kenny can just pass the ball into the net from maybe 8 yards out. He hits the right upright and it goes out of bounds. UGGGGGGGGGGGGGH.

88': Harsanyi again with a solid foward pass, again to Collins. Collins has a good enough first touch and is ahead of the defense. He takes our FIFTH clear cut chance of the game. He puts it well wide.

I guess I could have pulled kenny? I really don't konw.

Leyton Orient 2 : 0 Woking

7.2 for Collins, 7.1 for Taylor. Kenny 6.3, Cooper 5.7(a missed header was blamed for their second goal), 6.3 for Williams. We took 15 shots, they took 9. We led possession 58/42. We generated 5 clear cut chances, two of them there was literally no goalkeeper between the man and the net. We did not score a single goal. This one was overwhelmingly frustrating to watch.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote