View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:42 PM   #297
Radii
Head Coach

-- Pulis is hurt and will miss about 2 weeks.

December 30th, 2014

Northampton (5-5-14, 21st) @ Woking(11-4-9, 8th)

We're favored at Kingfield Stadium today (that's our home stadium, I almost never refer to it for some reason). Its a slim favorite, 6:4 for us, 13:8 for them. Our tie last match bumps us up a bit, we're tied for 7th but our -4 goal differential hurts us. 9th and 10th are just 1 point back.

GK: Lynch
D: Nikolaou/Cooper/Williams/Alcock
DMC: Arter
MC: Upson/O'Sullivan
AM: Harsanyi/N'Diaye
ST: Bell-Baggie

We make a few subs due to being on short rest today. Taylor actually has a game suspension for yellow cards, so Arter is at DMC.

12': Arter with a yellow for a foul in midfield.

21': We get a quick attack after a throwin, Harsanyi to O'Sullivan, he takes a shot that is counted as a clear cut chance though I don't agree really... its parried away by the keeper. Harsanyi gets to the rebound and its clear cut chance #2, but he blasts it over.

29': Arter with a tackle in midfield... its a foul, he's called over by the ref... and warned. Whew. No red cards please!

40': We earn 2 corners but can't generate a shot.

44': Bell-Baggie goes down in the penalty area... no foul is called but he's hurt and is over o nthe sideline. On the corner that we earn, Cooper goes down... and he's hurt too. Guh.

HALF: I'm taking Bell-Baggie out now, he didn't recover much with the halftime rest, he could be hurt kinda bad. Subotic is in. We allow 6 shots but all off target and 5 long range. We shoot 5 times, 2 on target, we should have probably gotten a goal.

51': Subotic gets the ball 25 yards out, he turns by his man, sprints into the area, he has a great look, its our 3rd clear cut chance of the match... and its off the right post.

70': N'Diye moves to MC, O'Sullivan out, Downes in at AMR.

75': Smith in for Arter at DMC

75': Harsanyi is down and hurt. We've only managed 3 shots this half, northampton playign good D.

89': Sigh. Upson ahead ot Subotic, he turns by his man and 20 yards out has open space between him and the keeper. Instead of going into the area he pulls up and shoots... no chance.

90': Throwin for us, Smith ahead to Subotic... there's a terrible/blatant missed interception by one of their defenders. This allows Subotic the ball 10 yards out, he dribbles into the 6 yard area (I cringe omg just shoot this time man!) but the keeper sits back and lets Subotic put it in. 1-0

We hold them off in extra time and its not pretty at all but we pick up a much needed home win.

Woking 1 : 0 Northampton

We end up with 10 shots to their 12, but they only put 2 on target all match. We put 5 on target and have a whopping 4 clear cut chances, just one goal though.

Nikolaou earns a 7.2 in defense today and is man of the match. Subotic has a 7.0 with his goal, Smith a 6.9 and the assist. Alcock had a 7.2 on the right side today.

Injury Update

Bell-Baggie will miss 3-4 weeks with a pulled hamstring he picked up today. Frustrating because I was really hoping to give him a long run at striker.

Last edited by Radii : 05-14-2011 at 11:44 PM.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote