View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 06:26 AM   #96
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPI-Fan View Post
I'm confused. I thought Brett was not swimming on the same team as his siblings?

Sorry about the confusion...you're right, Brett has moved to a different year round team...Chattahoochee Gold, but in the Summer League they still swim together. CRC is basically our neighborhood team, and Summer League is like Rec Ball for swimming.

The Summer League is mostly just for fun. There are 2 big meets, the County Championships and the State Championships (which you only get to swim in if you qualify at county). My kids only go to an occasional practice with the CRC team, because they are excused due to attending year round practices which are much harder. The CRC team and Summer League in general is set up to give kids that aren't year rounders a chance to compete and get exposed to the sport (there is a bunch of socializing that goes on as well - including the parents that hang out and drink at the meets). Just to give you an idea of the difference. Bailey and Bear are swimming around 3400 yards in a hour at practice. Brett swims around 4000 yards in an hour and a half, and CRC practices are 1250 in 45 minutes on a hard day...

Thanks for reading and chiming in, hope that helps clarify things...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote