View Single Post
Old 11-05-2019, 08:32 AM   #255
revrew
Team Chaplain

Season 8, Week 13: 9-2 Dragons visit 1-10 Rams

Another game the Dragons should be expected to win, but once again, there's a lot of talent on the bench with injury. In particular, the Dragon receiving corps is more like a hospital ward, as the only available starter is WR Robbie "I'm the man now" Thompson, who will have to carry most of the load by himself. In fact, the Dragons were compelled to sign two URFAs just to fill out the roster for this one. Expect some very, very green receivers to get into the game.

Indeed, the complete lack of WR depth was felt strongly. While Thompson caught 9 passes for 103 yards and a score, the backups forced into active duty were largely absent.

The silver lining in this game were the unusual suspects stepping up. Rookie RB2 Bubba Clayton had perhaps his best game, breaking off a pair of big runs to rack up 73 yards with 6.08 ypc and a touchdown, while also catching 3 passes for another 32. DE4 Tony Garcia came up huge, particularly in the red zone, winning player of the game with 7 tackles and 4 sacks, the best day of his career by far.

SS Mitch Plante continued to power the defense with 4 defended passes, but it was rookie CB1 Alfredo Hanson's pick-6 in the 4th quarter that put this one away, as a wounded Dragon team gets the needed win, 27-6.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote