View Single Post
Old 03-11-2018, 06:43 PM   #598
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
Are random violent home invasions a big thing in the US? I know that bars on the windows and security screen doors are not going to make your home 100% break-in proof, but if it's random surely it's at least moving them to the next house along rather than scaling onto your roof to start lifting up roof tiles...

No, it's incredibly rare.

Also the majority of violent home invasions are committed by people the victim knows already.

You can narrow it down even further based on the type of residence as mobile homes are much more likely to see this kind of crime (even if it is minuscule). The older you get and the more family members you have also decrease your risk. Neighborhood also plays a role.

Everyone can decide the level of risk they are willing to take. But if I was concerned about being killed in a random home invasion, I'd be living a life where I didn't drive a car, climb on my roof to stuff, or leave the house during flu season. All much more likely to kill me. Cowering in fear just doesn't seem like an enjoyable way to live life.

Last edited by RainMaker : 03-11-2018 at 06:44 PM.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote