View Single Post
Old 11-02-2019, 03:05 PM   #7
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Welcome to Delaware State, ranked the 13th best HBCU by US News and World Report in 2019. For the 11th year in a row Del State notched top honors for it’s business school from the Princeton Review. Welcome to the Hornets!

After starting as Del State, we have a 37 academic reputation, right around Houston and WVU, Eastern and Western Mich., and Nevada. We are the 107th ranked team academically in the country.

Athletically? At 57, we are third worst nationally, and the 3rd worst in the new conference.

In real life, Del State never played Univ of Delaware ever, despite the fact they were in the same state, and Div1aa until they met in the playoffs a short while ago. That was the biggest attended game in Delaware football history. Del State got thumped, but it began and annual series of cross-state rivals that just finished its 9th game. We still haven’t won.

Pearlman: Yellow Blue Hens - ESPN Page 2

Route 1 Rivalry - Wikipedia

Some info about the new rivalry. U Delaware is considered one of the heavies of Div1AA and thus moving them to the next level shouldn’t be a big surprise. It’s the only Div1aa school to average more than 20k annually in attendance.

And they are our new rival too!

(If I had 10 teams I would have added in App. State and Hampton as rivals).

I reviewed our roster and, well, it’s not good. There are some positions were we are the worst in the NCAA like OTs, ILBs, and OLBs. We are in the worst 10 in every position other than QB (although don’t get too saucy as we’re more likely 70th or 80th rather than 115th,) TE and C.

Oh, my rules for TCY

1. Don’t ever hand out a bribe. It’s wrong, both morally and ethically.
2. Don’t set depth charts. Just take what my staff recommend.
3. Don’t set off/def game plans. Just take what my staff recommend.
4. My staff will make small decisions like study hall hours and such. I don’t want to spend any amount of my life micro-managing a fictional college student’s study hours, although it adds in some bad choices at times.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote