View Single Post
Old 09-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #164
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I hadn't been able to play Skylines in a while because I was using it on a work machine for a long time, then I switched jobs and my local machine can't run it. I finally got a cloud machine last weekend, so I could run it again (I didn't want to buy a computer ONLY to play Skylines, but I considered it.)

For the uninitiated, what I've done over the years is take over existing save games and redevelop cities because I don't have the time to invest in building cities from scratch as I used to (and even if I did, it's probably a bad idea for me to spend days at a time doing it. Because trust me, I would...)

I like the constraints of having to build within a city with roads, highways and so forth, because it makes me deal with infrastructure and take a more measured approach to growing and changing the city, rather than starting from scratch and doing whatever I want. (Which I like doing too, but there's a time and place for that.)

So I'm building on another city. This time, I named it Chisholm. I'm working on some redevelopment projects, the population remains fixed from when I first took over (181k in game....)

So far, all I've done is add a few stadiums and remove some of the spawned skyscrapers to make the city look more realistic to me. I'm getting a feel for the city limits, renaming neighborhoods.

The first real development project I can foresee is turning a largely industrial agriculture area of the city (I've named it Hogwood) into more mixed use residential/commercial.

Also for my own immersion, finally started posting pics on Instagram of my city work.

Last edited by Young Drachma : 09-16-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote