View Single Post
Old 01-30-2012, 02:01 PM   #62
JTSMOOTH
Mascot

Guess I should have refreshed my browser, as you beat me to it and pretty much echoed my thoughts on things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoelessJ03 View Post
I don't think anyone is upset here. People are just bringing up issues that have developed as constructive criticism in an effort to better the league.

FWIW I also do not think the issue is the fact that the players were added but moreso the fact that they were added without any heads-up or warning that there would be new players added to the file in the middle of free agency. I'm sure if others had planned on new star players appearing mid-free agency then they could have adjusted their budget to get where they wanted by not extending offers to now average players with expiring contracts or offering new contracts to free agents who were asking for both legs to sign on the dotted line.

Also, since the players were said to be deleted, I think a lot of owners did not place bids as a result.

Either way, I was not in the market to sign anyone so this is not an issue of me wanting those players anyways... Just bringing up valid points in regards to how the players were added without any fair warning to everyone. If DC wants to play god and create superstars from thin air, I'm cool with that... Just give us a heads up so everyone can plan / adjust accordingly.

That's all.
JTSMOOTH is offline   Reply With Quote