View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 01:42 PM   #82
PilotMan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Any chance you are being targeted?

Every single homeowner who ever got a letter to correct something thinks they are being targeted. Ok...not every, but it's insane how aggrieved some people get over little shit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post

I hear what you are saying PM. But I am not the one who made it a legal issue. Each response from the manager was something to the effect that they could not give me answers to what I believe were legitimate questions for legal reasons. This includes my request to direct me to the location the HOA website of the standard that I supposedly violated so I can take care of the issue. Well it is that much of a legal issue, I might what to get my own legal consultant. Again, we are talking about weeds, not weeeeedddd!

The other part of this that is pissing me off is by contacting my wife instead of me the person who has been involved the whole time, he brought the actual hothead of the family into the conversation which is something I was trying to avoid. So of course, while I was with my son's practice, I received an email to the lawyer friend from my wife that had pictures of yards in the neighborhood who have significant weed problems. This is not the way I wanted to begin Labor Day weekend.

I get what you're saying, and you're correct that now you've been sent 3 letters and that the next one is a fine, and you have corrected what you thought the issues were, and were told that no only could you not be told what the specific issue was, that it was your job to look it up and be familiar with the documents. You've gone so far as to have someone else look at everything, and they can't figure it out either. From my perspective, that's an issue with the manager. As a board member, if you were in my neighborhood and you told me this story, I'd totally go to bat for you. If the board doesn't got to bat for residents when the management company isn't getting it done, then they aren't worth being leaders in the community. The onus is 100% on the HOA to prove, and somehow they feel like the photos do prove, that you are in the wrong, but if you're trying, and not getting the answers, you're fully fine to go down that other path as well.

And why in hell can they not do a zoom meeting with you? You don't need to go down there and have them explain it. You don't need them to come to you. Pretty much all HOA's used Zoom during the pandemic. It should be fully available to you. The manager just doesn't want to get into it with you because they are 'busy' with 10 other neighborhoods, and they can't remember and have no idea who you are, or why you were written up. That's why you're getting the run around.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote