View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 11:16 AM   #180
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our RPI is now 54th and the National College Hoops show said we are officially on the Bubble for the Big Dance!

We need to get at least a few tourney wins, but we don't necessarily have to win it all to get an invite.

We get a 1st round buy in the Metro Atlantic Tourney for being one of the top teams. Fairfield beats Canisus 68-60 and we'll play Fairfield in the 2nd round. If we win, we'll play the winner of Manhattan and Iona.

Fairfield is missing their star SF who tore his ACL.

However, they still have a talented team:

SR Center Mack Jeffries is rated 74 and is a talented inside scorer.

JR PF Tommy Paulding is a smallish player who is rated 73 who is a good mid range jump shoooter. Santos should be a good matchup for him.

PG Teddy Surratt is a 69 rated PG who is incredibly fast and is a great passer. He would have been a tough guard for Solomon. I fear he'll be a very difficult guard for Casey and I might even have to switch from my normal M2M to a zone defense. We'll start off with Casey sagging off him as he isn't that good of a jump shooter.

The rest of the squad is mediocre. I like our chances as long as we can contain their PG.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote