View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:13 PM   #187
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Our RPI is 53. We are listed as on the bubble still, but most experts are predicting us to be in. Our record is 23-8.

Other Teams on the bubble include Texas Tech, Purdue, and Kent State among others.

#1 Seeds:

Louisville (30-3), Tennessee (26-4), UNLV (32-1), and Michigan State(30-3).

The East is being announced. So far, we haven't been announced. UCLA is surprising at #4. I thought they would be a 3 seed at worst as they won the Pac-10. USC is the 7 seed in the East. Purdue made it in from the bubble and are the 10 seed facing USC. That gives me some hope...

We aren't in the East.

Onto the South:

Notable South Teams:

Duke is a 5th seed with a 22-10 record and will face Princeton who won the Ivy League.

Kent State made it in as a 10 seed. This also gives me some hope... They will face #7 Western Kentucky.

Alabama is the #2 seed. They are 27-4. They get Wagner in the first round at 18-13.

Onto the Midwest:

Notable teams in the Midwest:

Siena is the 12 Seed facing Florida in the first round.

Drexel is a 4 seed! They get San Francisco in the 1st round. Drexel is 27-3.

Texas Tech made it as a 10 seed in this bracket. All of the bubble teams seem to be getting in as 10 seeds.. I hope I'm a 10 seed in the last bracket...

Our last chance, onto the West:

Notable West Teams:

#4 Temple finished 26-5. They will face Illinois-Chicago in the first round.

Stanford got a 3 seed beating out UCLA which is surprising. Providence got the 10th seed. They were also a bubble team

North Carolina is a 2 seed with a 24-5 record.

We didn't make the tourney

2 teams from the Metro Atlantic made it, but we didn't!?!

Did I miss our announcement? 2 teams from the CAA, Sun Belt, WCC, MWC as well. Big East and the ACC had 6 each. Most of the other power conferences had 5. We definitely are out as the bubble summary tells us.

We did make it into the NIT and we have a cupcake matchup against Mount St. Mary's as our first game. I'll play that next weekend.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote