View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #33
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
Cool! Is hers a three year program? I'm finishing up my first year now. Supposedly next year is the toughest since you have a full class load and fieldwork. The third year is pretty much just working with a full time internship and a thesis project. The program I am in is great and I can't wait to finish and start my career. It's a great field.

What I think is always fun is when you tell someone you are going into School Psychology and they think you can all of a sudden help them solve all their problems in a day. Then you actually describe the things you do and how it works, but they still think that .

Yes, you basically just listed verbatim what her schedule looks like. She just finished up the first year this week (had exams and such). Next week she has a meeting with the director of the program to discuss her placement for next year. She is hoping it is somewhere close by and not like an hour or two away.

The part that has been annoying for me is she has to practice all of the various tests over the past few months and of course I have been her guinea pig before she actually did the tests on kids. So I've had plenty of time stacking and organizing blocks, finding patterns/shapes in drawings, answering questions etc... My favorite is when she asks me to pretend like I am 12 years old when I answer them... uhh.. I always act like I am 12 I thought!

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote