View Single Post
Old 03-19-2005, 06:34 PM   #192
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1 minute mark: Cook passes to Duff in the left corner of the pitch.. he passes back to Cook just outside the match.. Cook shoots a shot that is so hard that I don't see it, but I hear it as it clangs off the crossbar. Romeo clears the rebound.

7 minute mark: Duff crosses to King who shoots.. his shot is blocked by a defender.. it sails back to Fletcher who immediately passes back into the box for King.. he turns.. shoots a very powerful curving shot.. it sails into the upper right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 1-0. What a goal by King!

13 minute mark: Duff passes to Cook just outside the box.. very hard shot.. barely wide righgt.

27 minute mark: Fletcher passes to Alan Smith in the left side of the box.. good shot.. upper right corner.. the keeper saves it.

33 minute mark: Alan Smith falls down in the box on a breakaway.. yellow card for diving.

Halftime: 1-0 lead. Lucio has been key in shutting down their offense. We have over 65,000 fans here today.

62 minute mark: Lucio takes a free kick and passes it to Eagles just outside the box.. he passes back to Fletcher.. Fletcher shoots from 30 yards out.. hard low curving shot.. it curves.. curves.. into the lower right corner of the net! GOAL!!!! 2-0! That was an excellent curling shot, and it was Fletcher's first goal of the year.

73 minute mark: Bruno with a long range shot.. easy save for Howard.

75 minute mark: King is tired. I sub RvN for him. I also sub Saha on for Smith who is tired. Finally, I give Alfonso some experience since Duff is tired.

Game over. 2-0 win for us.

We outshot them 15-2 (9-1 on target)

Fletcher had an 8 for form and won MoM, 30 of 36 passes, 1 of 2 tackles, 2 of 7 headers, 3 interceptions, 1 run, 1 assist, and 1 goal.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote