View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 04:16 PM   #171
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
Wife and I have a trip planned for a friends 50th birthday to Cancun March 21-28th. Grown ups only. We have only paid the deposit of a few hundred dollars up to this point. The balance, a few grand is due next Saturday. We finally breached the topic if we should seriously consider cancelling.

I'm not worried about getting sick, far more worried about not being able to get back in to the US.

We have a trip to Northern Europe scheduled for April - hoping things are stable enough that flights aren't cancelled, but otherwise, hoping that tourist levels are low with people cancelling plans now and over the next few weeks. Traveling to Istanbul while they were invading Syria made a few acquaintances question our choice, but, security was high, crowds were low, people were happy we were there, the trip was spectacular. Also hoping Disneyland crowds are lower when we're there next month. That's kind of my mindset, making the best of whatever the situation is.

Travel disruptions are a concern but I'll just have backup systems in place. Bringing important work with me, making sure I have a plan for the dogs. It's easier without kids at home. All travel carries some risk, I try not to over-exaggerate it and just take whatever logical steps I can to mitigate all risks, and also try to take advantage of others' different risk assessments by finding deals, beating the crowds, etc.

Last edited by molson : 02-29-2020 at 04:20 PM.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote