View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 03:49 PM   #1119
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
I'll confess I haven't dug into whether the long term complications happen to a statistically significant portion of "asymptomatic" cases, or it's like when the media finds one person under the age of 20 who dies from if and goes "See, it CAN kill younger people!!!!!!", but I assume we'd just treat it like players who get rhabdo, or brain damage, or any of the other various long term debilitating injuries you can get from playing football and ignore it if sweep it under the rug so we can keep watching it.
I'll be rather surprised if asymptomatic folks develop any long-term complications. I'm more responding to a general argument I see all over the place about how few folks in the player age range die from COVID. That's true, but how many survivors are suffering lingering effects?

Another practical matter to consider: large numbers of players testing positive and having to sit out a couple weeks is going mess with cohesiveness, player development, learning the playbook, assessing the status of the depth chart, etc. With existing time limits on fall camps that leaves not much margin for error. If I'm a coach, I'm telling my team in no uncertain terms to not be stupid and put yourself at heightened risk of getting infected by going to parties, etc.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote