View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #1121
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
I'll be rather surprised if asymptomatic folks develop any long-term complications. I'm more responding to a general argument I see all over the place about how few folks in the player age range die from COVID. That's true, but how many survivors are suffering lingering effects?

Another practical matter to consider: large numbers of players testing positive and having to sit out a couple weeks is going mess with cohesiveness, player development, learning the playbook, assessing the status of the depth chart, etc. With existing time limits on fall camps that leaves not much margin for error. If I'm a coach, I'm telling my team in no uncertain terms to not be stupid and put yourself at heightened risk of getting infected by going to parties, etc.

Which is exactly how KState just got shutdown.

They're gonna put the NBA in a bubble but expect college athletes to live on campuses and not be a 20 year old?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 06-21-2020 at 09:00 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote