View Single Post
Old 06-21-2020, 10:03 PM   #1124
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
I'll re-link this from the COVID thread, but we simply don't know. There's enough evidence that it very well could cause underlying, long term damage in asymptomatic carriers to warrant further research, though.

ACP Journals
I do agree with this, I just think that the possibility of long term COVID damage to the lungs or whatever wouldn't be in my top 5 of long term reasons football is bad for young people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Which is exactly how KState just got shutdown.

They're gonna put the NBA in a bubble but expect college athletes to live on campuses and not be a 20 year old?
This is what I agree strongly with! I don't agree with CUTiger that some 80% positive threshold needs to be achieved, but in order for college sports to be played we basically need to say we're fine with any specific athlete or person under 23 getting COVID. If we say that (and we're clearly trying to) then there is no reason to quarantine if a specific player or team gets it, and there can be a season. And colleges and K-12 schooling can happen this fall/until a real vaccine is developed.

I spent the weekend in South Carolina coaching kids because Charlotte won't allow us to officially do it. And we yelled at our parents and players over email, and in person, to avoid congregating or watching in groups, and
surprisingly to me the parents at least did a pretty decent job... meanwhile there is a youth baseball jamboree happening where parents are shoulder to shoulder & 3 deep in places because it was 90 & there was little shade, on the same day South Carolina posted their highest 1-day total and those 21 Clemson football players results were announced. We've made our decision subliminally, there isn't any going back, can we please adapt & understand that our whole policy should be about protecting vulnerable people instead of preventing the horse from getting out of the barn?

Last edited by BishopMVP : 06-21-2020 at 10:11 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote