View Single Post
Old 03-25-2021, 01:00 PM   #223
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
After hearing how things went in Massachusetts in terms of the hoops people jumped through to get things scheduled, I wondered how quickly I could get an appointment even after I became eligible. But I went online and found 10+ open appointments every day in every one of our many Albertson's and Walgreen's. I guess that's why they moved up the eligibility categories. It also probably helps to have a higher % of anti-vaxxers in the state than normal. And, supply itself is probably just higher and more consistent everywhere now than a month or two ago.

Watching how things continue to unfold in Europe, the vaccine production and rollout is definitely America's finest moment of the pandemic.

New cases and deaths haven't continued to drop dramatically like they did a month or two ago. I'm sure those numbers will improve more gradually from here, but, I wonder if we're settling into a lower baseline that will still be with us for a while. Low enough that we mostly get back to normal. If the hospitals aren't overwhelmed, and most everyone has access to a vaccine whether they want it or not (and all of the high risk people do), there's not much reason left for restrictions, government-imposed or private/social, aside from basic common bad flu-season type sense.

The final piece of the puzzle will be vaccines for kids. Once we are at a point when everyone who does not want themselves or their kids to get COVID can get a vaccine, then I don't see why we can't be pretty much 100% back to normal domesticaly.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote