View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 10:52 PM   #980
Radii
Head Coach

-- Constantino is named the Ipswich Fans' Player of the Year, to the surprise of absolutely no one.

Ipswich Best Eleven

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Henrique/Welsh/Jackson
M: Hughes/Donnelly/Mills/Gordon
F: Khan/Constantino

No surprises anywhere on this list. Henrique and Quartey were fairly close to interchangable at DC, either one probably would be ok but I would have picked Henrique as well.

Ipswich All Time Best Eleven

GK: Brian Murphy (396 apps/6.79 rating)
DL: Stuart Kirkland (160 apps/7.13 rating)
DC: Alex Bruce (234 apps/4 goals/6.73 rating)
DC: Troy Brown (240 apps/2 goals/6.79 rating)
DR: David Wright (166 apps/2 goals/7.11 rating)
ML: Mario Licka (115 apps/8 goals/7.23 rating)
MC: Gordon Donnelly (276 apps/35 goals/7.00 rating)
MC: Owen Garvan (263 apps/18 goals/6.82 rating)
MR: Neil Gordon (154 apps/37 goals/6.92 rating)
ST: Constantino (172 apps/137 goals/7.63 rating)
ST: Matthew Khan (185 apps/102 goals/7.11 rating)

Neil Gordon takes the MR spot away from Sylvain Berthet on the all time best 11 squad.

-- The season schedule is announced but some of our matches will be bumped around for the Euro Cup if we make the 4th qualifying round. We do open the season at Aston Villa on the 14th. Our first home match is set for the 17th vs Tottenham but I think that might get moved

TV Contract

-- We get $48,510,00 for TV Rights.

Season Expectations

Our minimum expectation is that we finish in the top half of the Premier League. If we go with that we will get a transfer budget of $32.5M and a payroll of $800k/wk. If we were to suggest that we can qualify for Continental play again we could get $38.5M and $875k/wk. I want to play it safe, bringing on extra staff, dealing with the Euro Cup, and wondering if we really are good enough to all of a sudden be a top 7 team every year... I don't want to push that expectation on people just quite yet.

-- ST Chris Bryan and ST Rob Kershaw both promote out of the U18 squad to the Reserves. Bryan may be good enough right now to be our #3 or #4 Striker. Kershaw still needs a ton of development and doesn't seem to have as high a ceiling as any of our current goal scorers. I'll probably try to loan him out.

Youth Intake

Time to check our new youth pulls. We've got 8 guys coming in.

AM LC Daniel King - 13 pace/15 accel. 12 determination/15 aggression/9 teamwork/9 work rate. 13 crossing/12 dribbling/10 technique. There's some seriously promising stuff here for a 15 year old kid. He's a natural AML and ML. Adagsmar will likely tutor him right away. Our scouts view his potential as better than any ML on the squad with 3 1/2 * potential.

DC Jim Morgan - "Decent Player" potential. physical ratings 9-14. Determination 16. Heading 12, Marking 8, Tackling 9. Interesting that he's from Washington, DC and ended up in our youth system here in England. We don't have many defenders in our youth system so he'll get a lot of attention and we'll see what we can do.

D RLC Michael Hollis - Also "Decent Player" potential. Strength only 6 but everything else 9-14. 7 mental attributes 10+. 14 bravery/13 composure/13 aggression/11 concentration. 11 heading/10 marking/7 tackling/8 technique. Similar to Morgan in that we'll train him up as best we can and we don't have a lot of defense in our youth system so he'll get everything we have. His ability to play the entire back line would be really awesome to have.

DM/AMC Craig Smith - Smith has anywhere from 3* to 4* potential depending on which coach you ask. Chris Mason is the most exciting player to come up as a youth pull for me, and Smith is on that level of super exciting prospect. STR 6 but everything else 10-14, with a lot more 12s and 13s than 10 or 11. 14 pace/12 accel already. His worst mental attribute is an 8 in Influence. 16 flair/15 bravery/12 creativity/15 work rate/12 off the ball/11 determination... he's got some serious strengths here. Technically he's even better. 16 dribbling/16 technique/13 marking/13 passing/13 heading/12 finishing/11 first touch... that's at age 16! Craig Smith has superstar written all over him. By the time he's 18 he may be flat out better than Darren Johnson if things go well.

By far our most exciting offseason ever for youth talent. We have two players with serious potential here and two more at least worth keeping an eye on!

EPL Title Odds

Man City are the favorites this year at 2:1.

Chelsea 6:1, Arsenal 6:1, Man Utd 8:1, Aston Villa 25:1, Tottenham 33:1.

We're given 200:1 to win the title this year. That's 10 times better than our 2000:1 odds last season. Its 9th in the EPL, that sounds pretty ok to me!

-- Spain U21's beat England 1:0 to win the U21 European Championship for the second year in a row. Kirkland plays 90 minutes and puts up a 7.5 rating, best on the English side. Chris Mason comes in at the half and earns a 6.7 rating.

-- With our new transfer budget and wage budget in hand I can finally do something and we pause here to review the work my scouts have done over the last number of months.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote