View Single Post
Old 09-23-2011, 07:07 PM   #992
Radii
Head Coach

-- Aston Villa asks me how much it would take to buy Capitani, I reject that idea outright, he is annoyed at me for it. He'll get it over it.

Friendly #5

-- Mandatory match at Shrewsbury as part of our feeder club deal. We get first half goals from Bendtner and Burton, an own goal from backup Defender Andy Parsons keeps it close. ML Lee Burton gets his second goal late and we win easily.

Shrewsbury 1 : 3 Ipswich

August Update

-- We play on the 5th, 14th, 17th, 21st and 28th. The League Cup 2nd round is scheduled for the 22nd, and the Euro Cup 4th qualifying rounds would be on the 19th and 26th. We'll see how many of our matches get postponed with all that activity.

-- The board is pleased with my leadership. Our increase in stature is the #1 positive, the lack of squad harmony the negative.

-- We lost $4.5M last month.

-- Southampton bid $13M for Stuart Kirkland. I reject the offer. Kirkland is unhappy, he "wants to play for Southampton and believes he should be allowed to leave." That's a little more decisive than the usual "hey let me make up my own mind" stuff... Sheffield Utd bid $15.5M for Kirkland a few days later. Ugh. Rejected, lets see if we can get through August with him.

August 5th, 2021

Euro Cup 3rd Qualifying Round Second Leg

Ipswich (6) @ KR (1)

We're 4:6 favorites to win today. As long as we don't lose 5-0 or by 6 goals we're through to the next round.

GK: Capitani
D: Kirkland/Quartey/Mattila/McKerr
DMC: Guarin
M: Adagsmar/Clifford/Mills/Gordon
ST: Bryan

I give Mattila and Clifford and Bryan their first starts. I play the unhappy guys (kirkland/capitani/mills), and run a 4-1-4-1 today with Guarin at DMC, the best way to rest Constantino and get the midfield players rotated in more easily. Just commentary today expecting an easy win.

6': Mills to Gordon for a very easy goal. 1-0

12': Gordon is hurt.

25': Bryan is hurt.

HALF: We're up 1-0 (7-1 aggregate). Darren Johnson in for the injured Neil Gordon, Bendtner in for the injured Chris Bryan.

52': Kirkland with a cross, Bendtner with a header and we go up 2-0

79': Mills with his second assists, Bendtner with his second goal. 3-0

KR 0 (1) : (9) 3 Ipswich

That's a 3:0 win today and a 9:1 aggregate win. We advance to the 4th qualifying round, needing to win one more series to get into group play.

Man of the Match: Nicklas Bendtner (8.7)
Goals: Bendtner 2, Gordon (7.4)
Assists: Mills 2 (7.9), Kirkland (8.3)
Notables: McKerr (7.4), Mattila (7.2), Quartey (7.8)

-- We receive $244,000 for participating in this round of the Euro Cup and another $130,000 for winning.

Injury Update

This match took its toll:

-- Chris Bryan turns an ankle and is out 3-4 weeks.

-- Steven Mills hurts his elbow in a fall and is out 10-12 days.

-- Neil Gordon pulls a hamstring and is out 3 weeks.

Euro Cup 4th Qualifying Round Draw

-- We'll get a much, much tougher opponent in this one, worst case a Serie A or La Liga opponent.

-- Yup, we get one of the toughest 7 or 8 teams that we could in this draw. We're going to be playing Livorno from Italy's Serie A. They've been in Seire A most of this dynasty but have had a weird run lately... 2017/18 they finished 5th, 18/19 they relegated down, finishing 18th. 19/20 they destroyed Serie B to get back up, and 20/21 they finished 4th to qualify for this competition.

-- Livorno have a keeper valued at $25M, Javier... a guy with 28 caps for Spain at age 27.

-- We have two league matches postponed and our schedule now shows matches on the 14th, 17th, 21st, 26th, 29th and then on 9/1. The League Cup draw hasn't happened yet so that's gonna be in the mix as well.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote