View Single Post
Old 12-17-2021, 07:32 PM   #50
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wudu2 View Post
Yeah when they mentioned that, the project just kind of named itself. They had only asked me if they could incorporate my draft files and stat records then clear up some UDFAs they had little info on. I think that was like summer '19.

Fascinating. You probably know more about all of this than I do. What I was told was that no one could do ratings. The first part of the project was to add a few hundred players for each season who never played a down or were drafted. They don't need to be rated.

The idea was that they would fill out draft classes and initial player files instead of the fictional players. I called that group the Flotsam. Unfortunately, the person who was originally supposed to lead the work had his baseball load increased and the person who this was then farmed out to apparently never saw my spec sheet and simply mined archives.

I think you have an idea of just how massive this project would be. Football is so different from baseball with its huge formal draft and several tiers of professional leagues.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote