View Single Post
Old 05-09-2020, 09:42 PM   #392
miami_fan
Coordinator

Today was a pretty good day. I was part of a group that put on two “graduation” ceremonies for seniors from the local high school. One for our subdivision and one for the subdivision next door. We had a total of 104 kids that took part. They got to don their cap and gowns, walk across a portable stage to the tune of Pomp and Circumstance, received a “diploma” from a member of the school board, and get some professional photos done with their families. Those that attended seemed to enjoy themselves. It was really cool to see the kids cheering for each other as their names were called to walk the stage.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote