View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 12:33 PM   #74
Big Six
High School Varsity

2006-2007 Offseason News
  • Our offensive coordinator, Kendall Ohalete, unexpectedly retired at the age of 52. We found another coordinator with a knowledge of the Wing T offense, Tim Sampson. Ironically, Coach Sampson is the same age Coach Ohalete was. My only concern with Tim is his Fair ability to develop running backs. Otherwise, he's a very solid coach. (Note: I have the AI set to sign my assistants for me; maybe I'll need to re-think that from now on.)
  • Three players have left the program since the season ended. Quarterback Josh Roaf left in the wake of his suspension for breaking team rules. Guard Tommie Wallack's academic issues caused him to make the decision to leave, too. Defensive end Hunter Mitchell was suspended by the NCAA for accepting money from a booster. I cut Mitchell from the team.
  • Incidentally, the departure of Roaf, Wallack, and Mitchell, all of whom were awful students, allowed the team GPA to rise to 3.24 by the end of the academic year. I'm very proud to say that Kent State's players recorded the highest team GPA of any Division One school in the nation!

Last edited by Big Six : 02-27-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Big Six is offline   Reply With Quote