Thread: 2018 MLB Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 09:03 PM   #402
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Pham is 30 and due a pretty massive raise in arbitration. I'm guessing they didn't want to pay a guy who's going to hit .250 with 25 HR that money with O'Neill and Bader available on the cheap.

For once, this team needs to go out and pay legit money for a closer. Go get a Craig Kimbrel, Cody Allen, Kelvin Herrera or Familia for big bucks (all are FAs). Every offseason, this team tries to get sneaky with a "value" closer and we end up with Brett Cecil, Greg Holland, Bud Norris, Luke Gregerson, Seung-Hwan Oh, Jonathan Broxton and Steve Cishek as a crap-tastic poo poo platter closer. Do what the Cubs, Rockies, Indians, Yankees, Red Sox and other teams who have had closer issues over the past few seasons have done - spend money on a legit guy and look for value in your setup guys. If you get burnt, so be it - but I can't take another season of these crap bullpens. Knowing Mo, we will begin next season with Tyler Clippard as our closer "because he was a great value"

Tyler Cippard.. LOL!!!

My guess is Hicks will go into the closer role next season, but I agree with you.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote