View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #125
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
The TNA fans are smarks. There were a heck of a lot more marks in the WWF audience in 97 when Austin became the biggest face in the universe than there are in the "Impact Zone", and I mean percentage wise.

My initial tendency was to chalk it up to the same thing, that it's just the nature of a different modern audience ... until I realized that he was also high on the list of my 8 y/o son's favorites too. Granted, he knows it's all a work, he knows about bookers, angles, shoots, etc. at least in a basic way. But the rest of his reactions to characters are pretty much exclusively along kayfabe lines -- he thinks AJ is the most talented guy he's ever seen, marks big for Sting, hates Jarrett & Steiner, etc., all pretty much the reactions that viewers are "supposed" to have -- except that he's made a clear exception for Joe.

I guess that's what throws me, I don't quite get how he gets the free pass even from the marks.

Shrug. It's not like it matters, I was just sort of intrigued by the anamoly. Maybe he's more of a smart than I'm giving him credit for. After all, after watching the Sabu/Sandman Highway to Hell match for the first time last night, he said he now understood why I've not been excited by the "new" ECW