View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 07:22 AM   #299
GoldenCrest Games
High School Varsity

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
Nerfing my offense again? I can't catch a break can I?

Ha! Just in time, too!

As luck would have it, it was Treefrogs-Twisters week!

The Twisters defense has clearly been upgraded. My passing game now knows that for sure. It was a pathetic offensive showing for us, but Faulkner put us on his back and carried us through the game. Frankly, he's becoming a legend around these parts. I don't think our team would have any relevance without him. He may be gaining lifetime-contract status.

The Twisters offense is really hard to stop. They aren't fast or flashy, but they complete a lot of passes. The thing that separates the Twisters passing attack from everyone else, is that they catch almost everything. I can get guys open at about the same rate as the Twisters, but my guys can't catch in traffic. If they have a tiny amount of space, the Twisters WRs always catch the ball.

That being said, Luna made one mistake that led to an interception while they were in FG range. That was the difference that allowed us to hang on for the tie.

Yep, another Twisters tie!

Here are the scoring highlights: https://www.facebook.com/GoldenCrest...163348411/?t=4

In other news, the Swarm grab another win and probably lock up the #1 seed. The Eggshells and Slates both lose while the Maroons win! I just had a feeling about them. I'm really rooting for them to make it to the playoffs. It would be cool to see the worst team from last year make the turnaround.
Attached Images
File Type: png week12.png (82.6 KB, 11 views)