View Single Post
Old 09-17-2013, 10:05 AM   #238
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

This strikes me as a game where time shifts based on conditions in the game, as well as the decisions of individual players. Doc obviously has the ability to shift time, but does he control it right now? I'm not sure he does.

I have no idea what governs the time shifting, but I'm guessing there is more than one factor/condition or player in control of it.

I also woner if there is a set "game day" in which win conditions are judged. Take mau for instance. Right now he is alive, in present day and in the past. We don't know if he is alive in the future, but one would surmise he is not.

So what if win conditions are judged only as they are in the present? Lynch someone in the future, it does you little good unless you reach that day in "the present".

The present right now, based on passing days, should be Day Two, right? Mau might even be dead in that hypothetical Day Two because we lynched him. But we never found out because we jumped back to Day -3.

And as has been surmised, our decisions now could change our decisions in the future. Maybe we lynch a mau voter now and that undoes the mau lynch later on, because that vote no longer counts (I know someone else already suggested this).

So maybe we should aim to vote for non-mau voters, to protect the integrity of our mau vote.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote