View Single Post
Old 04-23-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
QuikSand
lolzcat

What a FOOL Believes - a Real-Time MP FOF thread

Here's the hook:

I play in a multi-player FOF league, called the Front Office Offseason League, or FOOL. It's an interesting setup - running each full season in two weeks real time. The hitch is we turn injuries off and run the whole regular season in one sim, and then whole postseason in the next one. The league is mainly about the offseason, obviously.

FOOL Forums

It's also imperfect for me. For reasons that no longer have relevance, the league turned chemistry off. I tend to rely heavily on the FOF chemistry system to get an edge in multi-player (that might even be an understatement). My willingness to stick with that construct when most owners won't helps me overcome my deficits in insightful drafting and expert gameplanning (my own assessment - I'm not terrible, but I'm nowhere near the top of the heap in either, I suspect). So, I'm at something of a disadvantage in FOOL, but I stay in the league and use it as something of a sandbox.

Anyway - about this thread:

-I plan to start making notes about my team here, sharing some of my thinking, and hoping to add some more immersion for myself in this league. I find that writing about what I do adds a sense of accountability, and to me that adds enjoyment. So, this is mainly for me.

-To the extent you enjoy the thread, great, it can be for you, too.

-And here's my real goal. Maybe I won't be alone, and maybe this can become a multi-owner dynasty thread. I plan to post something at the FOOL forums, inviting others to start documenting their teams' actions and successes/failures here as well. If it all comes together and four or five of us are regularly updating our actions and thinking in real time -- but all in the same league against one another -- I think that could be pretty cool.

That's the seed idea. I hope I stick with it, and I hope it catches on at least a little bit.

Last edited by QuikSand : 04-23-2016 at 10:47 AM.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote