View Single Post
Old 05-02-2016, 07:43 AM   #17
QuikSand
lolzcat

Okay in the first stage of free agency - we find the fate of RB Pullen.

He's heading to Washington. Subby, the GM there, has decided to make a living in the cap-unlimited leagues by paying fat 2-yr (or even 1yr) contracts to the best free agents, and he does so here. Turns out his fat offer was only slightly better than mine -- I was willing to overpay, at least in my book. WAS gets Pullen for 2/73, BAL offered merely 2/70. Loyalty can go suck an egg.

By the way, I'm not trying to attack the strategy -- if a league doesn't rein in the salary cap, then good players are too easily renegotiated, and it's uncommon to really feel too constrained (unless you're an ace drafter, perhaps, and have too many "pretty good"players to keep). So, the Subby plan works fine here - and I use it myself when it suits me.

Next season FOOL is going to initiate a 10% cap reduction, which should help things a bit. In a no-injury league I think that's too small, but this too a while to get in place, so I won't complain. It should move things in a better direction.

Baltimore does re-sign DT Pedro Midget, who ably handles our interior, on a 2-year deal -- he came to us in just one of these overpay-the-free-agent guys, but I haven't felt a need to extend him, just re-up in the open market.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote