View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 03:28 PM   #47
QuikSand
lolzcat

2055 offseason begins

So, we hire a new Head Coach -- a guy who went 2-14 in Cleveland. Sounds awesome. I didn't have game access to get a file in, so not sure if that's at fault. The guy we got actually looks pretty solid, so i'm not going to flip out.

Philip Huie FOOL Staff Page

New Assistant HC as well, meh.

- - - - -

We start the offseason with 34 guys signed, and only one RFA - S Jessie Desai, who is looking to get PAID. With stalwart S Neil Sims retired and zero safeties on the roster at the moment, Desai might be a must-sign for us, even at $14m/yr or so. Ugh.

We have $66m or so in cap space - nearly 20% of the cap. Not enough to be a power player, but enough to land a few useful pieces. Roster needs as we sit right now are DL, WR, S, LB, and FB.

Interesting quandary ahead with CB Brendan Grubbs, a very solid cover man and a monster kick returner (31.3 KR avg, rating of 100) -- but he's going to want $20m or so a year after this season. He likely has real trade value, and I think I'm deep enough at DB to block him in search of a draft pick. I expect to do so soon, and we'll see.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote