View Single Post
Old 08-07-2008, 09:57 AM   #839
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrith View Post
Fair enough. However, if what we hear is true, things that go on in the maze translate into our ability to transact business in the thread. What's the point of silencing people in the thread if what goes on in the thread is truly secondary? In anything resembling a normal WW game, if there are wolves from the start not lynching for three days in a row is going to put one side square behind the eight-ball. And oftentimes in these games the information is very slow in forthcoming. If we wait for hard information to start lynching it could be Day 5 or 6 before we've got anything to go on - that doesn't seem like a good way to do business.

I agree with that sentiment -- I don't want to silence people in the thread at all. First of all, it would be boring; and secondly, I think it's important to get our suspicions out there, and even to put votes on people we think are most likely to be wolves, so that we know where everyone stands. I just think we need to avoid votes made for the sake of lynching someone, anyone, no matter who it is. But if enough of us feel good voting for someone and it's not just to get a lynch, I'm fine with that -- the guess is a little more educated.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote