View Single Post
Old 07-06-2014, 12:20 AM   #53
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

10.26 vs. Persip(1-1-0) We're slight favorites, but the prevailing winds suggest a likely defeat with Ferminus out.

1' -- Saragih beats his man and moves in for an angled shot, horribly off target.

5' -- We inbound from the right side, Saragih crosses in and they clear it ... straight to Yogi who blasts one into the left corner! That didn't take long, we're up 1-0!

10' -- They get a sharp-angle shot from the right, it's off the mark.

11' -- A nice patient counter follows shortly, and ends with [b]Ewangin[b/] finding Bayhaqi in the area -- he puts one just inside the right post, and we're up by 2!!

22' -- Tight-angle short shot for Yogi, who can't get it through traffic and they clear. We're totally dominating this match so far, not hard to see why Persip was dead last and relegated from the Premier last season.

31' -- Haryanto gets behind our defense, we converge but he slides it right to Adriyanto, I thought Kombo should have gotten to that but he reacted late. Adriyanto's angled shot from close in at the edge of the box beats the diving attempt of Setia, but it's off the right post! That was a gift, a fairly sharp angle but a lot of open net as we were out of position.

32' -- Saragihp centers, Ewangin is uncovered literally 4 yards away. A child could have scored that. 3-0!!

33' -- This is nuts. Lovely lead pass from Yarangga to Yogi, he dribbles left to get around the keeper just bunts it into the open net. 4-0! Shots stand at 11-2, possession at 60% ... I've never seen us control a game like this, we can do no wrong almost!!!

37' -- They get Hariyanto behind the defense but he weakly lobs on wide right. That's the second time we probably should have been scored on. I switch to counter and pull our defense back a bit.

39' -- Ewangin comes free to the right of the spot, nearly scores and should have, but it was too close to their keeper and blocked away.

40' -- Looks like something's wrong with Saragih. No point in tempting fate, Urwan comes on for him.

HT -- We miss poorly on a couple more attempts but are in complete control with a 4-0 edge. We've dodged a couple bullets to be sure, but have dominated even with those in account, and right now I just want to get through the second half without getting anyone hurt or giving much up.

47' -- A shot for Yogi just inside the box, not a bad attempt but plenty of time for their keeper to get it. We aren't getting as many shots but are intentionally being more conservative, so that doesn't worry me. They have gotten nothing for quite some time now, and that's exactly what I want.

68' -- Bayhaqi's freekick on the right goes high.

79' -- A tight-angled shot by Adriyanto is hit basically parallel to the goal and out of play. The way they are shooting, we almost don't even need to be out there.

84' -- Yogi centers for a long blast by Ewangin, just left.

88' -- A freekick straight on is over by Yogi.

91' -- Off-target angled blast by Ewangin, who had a chance to add to our tally there.

FT -- That's it, a crushing 4-0 win with Yogi's two goals earning him player of the match but everyone contributed. They had only six shots, none on target.

A new high of 247 attendance! Three games into the season, and we're the only team in the league to win all three, first both in goals scored and surrendered(9 and 1). Of course it's very early and we won't be this good all season, but a fabulous start to the year. We didn't have three multi-goal wins in all of my first season.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote