View Single Post
Old 07-07-2014, 02:21 AM   #59
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

11.29 vs. Persibom(6-0-1) This will be another stern test, but at least we're back at home. Persibom has nearly twice our payroll, the second-largest in all of First Division. And they were just promoted from Second Divison ... I wish their board was my board! They've won their last four, but we are still even-money favorites. They are contending with several injuries, while we still have Kombo out and will have to run out Kasipmabin again.

Expert Opinion: Persibom to win.

They come out in bright yellow, apparently trying to blind us.

1' -- Herlan to Yogi to Ewangin to Bayhaqi, nice passing play but it leads him out to the right cutting down his angle. He tries to go upstairs and it's blocked away for a corner by Herdiyandi.

8' -- Yogi is free into the area, great chance but didn't get enough angle on it and blocked away again. Lots of up-and-down action so far, both teams clearly skilled, and we've had the better of it but really should have scored already. The corner is just ridiculous, Muda's header is off the crossbar, Patay's point-blank try is blocked by a sliding defender, out for another corner. That's at least twice we should have scored now. They clear it, we retain and Yogi has an open sharp-angle try. Saved again. A corner, again.

9' -- They come down and a long shot tries to bend into the far corner but Ferminus blocks it out. Now they get a corner. Open at the near post but Patay makes the clearance. Centered for Putra, he's got a blast from 16 but it's blocked by Muda! Back the other way ...

It's been 11 minutes, and already enough excitement, frustration, relief for an entire match.

15' -- Well-designed play, Yogi up the right side, crosses, Ewangin is the decoy as Bayhaqi gets his head to it ... and pushes it wide. Argh!!!

Now it starts raining.

20' -- Blast from Novianto angling from the left, Ferminus just gets a hand on it. I've had enough and go a little more conservative with a countering approach, pulling the line back a bit.

22' -- Long freekick from Yarangga is a good seven yards wide. On the other end a couple of challenges go begging and a diving save is required for Ferminus to prevent a score. The keepers have been absolutely fabulous, but somebody just needs to make a play. Preferably for us.

Most of the rest of the half was somewhat uneventful.

43' -- Ewangin in on the left side ... blocked. He tries again ... blocked out for a corner. Muda gets a head to it but nothing on it, easy pickup.

HT -- Still scoreless, but I like what I saw at the end as we are starting to even out possession more. Yogi and Patay are off for Sutanto and Prasetyo, due to the former pair being out to a poor start.

47' -- Interception by Saputra, who then launches an idiotic ... something from nearly 40 yards. Think!

56' -- Novianto gets it in the middle, just inside the area with Prasetyo wearing him, he wheels and fires anyway, off the left post!

59' -- Saragih up the right to Ewangin, crosses for Sutanto who can't get his header on target.

As the half goes on, offense is scarce and it's looking more and more like one goal will be all it takes today. Will anyone convert?

65' -- Yep. They get a corner and a sharp header by Abidin from about 12 yards out leaves us with no chance. For the first time this year, the other team strikes first. We've no choice but to get more aggressive. 0-1

He was Muda's man, and Muda has been virtually untouchable in headers the last couple games. This time, he was too far inside.

68' -- Sutanto to Saragih, in on the right side -- he nicely lobs the keeper but is called offside! That was close ... and it cost us an equalizer.

71' -- Yarangga picks up a yellow. He'll sit our our next game.

72' -- Saputra with it just inside the area. He goes down, no call. Scramble for the ball, Sutanto appears to come out of it and has it taken away, appeared to be a trip. No call. Saputra retrieves it, centers for Sutanto, tries to blast it inside the near post, but it's blocked with another nice save. Sutanto and one of their defenders go for it, it's knocked out and they call it a corner.

Punched by Heriyandi for ... another corner, opposite side. They clear, a desperation chip by Sutanto is easily grabbed. What do we have to do to score on these guys??

74' -- I may have never seen anything so ridiculous. Badly misjudged ball allows Mondow behind Muda, Ferminus comes way too far out and leaves an open angle behind him. 2-0, and that's pretty much the match. I go defensive to avoid any further embarassment and bring on Setia.

89' -- Herlan to Sutanto to Ewangin, who strikes from right of the spot and it's in the left corner! 1-2 now, and I quickly switch to Overload ... perhaps we can catch them and equalize??

FT -- Nope. 2-1 we lose it. Frustrating as we were their equal or better. We needed to convert one of our early chances -- might have been a completely different contest.

A record 295 watched it here.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote