View Single Post
Old 07-08-2014, 08:59 PM   #66
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

It's contract time again ...

Keepers

Ferminus -- Wants a raise to 3.25M, and I could only get him down to 3 flat. I pay it, as we need him.
Roni Setia -- A 300k raise to 1.3M. Stil a bargain at that price.

Defense

DR Saraigh -- 550k raise to 2.75M.
DC Patay -- Accepts a 200k pay cut to 1.5M. Bargain.
DR Urwan -- Just a backup and I was thinking of dumping him, but he'll take a 200k cut to 1.3M. Sold.
DRC Prasetyo -- Wants a small raise but accepts another year at 1M. Bargain.
DL Kasipmabin -- I don't want him back.
DL Ferry Kombo -- Tailed off after a good start. Solid but unspectacular with great potential, but wants 4.5M and he's not going to get that. Currently on 2.75M. I offer him 3. We settle at 3.5M, which is a little more than I want to pay him but won't break the bank.
DC Muda -- Wants a small raise but eventually signs for the same 1.3M he's getting. Another bargain.

Midfield

MRC Adie -- Old and injury-prone, will not be resigned.
MLC Ningmabin -- Virtually useless, not resigning.
MC Yarangga -- Not quite as good as he was last year, but still important. Wants a big raise to 4.25M which won't happen. I get him down to 3.5, he was making 2.75. That's a bit high for him, but I like the guy and am willing to overpay him just a bit.
MC Dodi Saputra -- Solid and I want him back, esp. since he's cheap. Very cheap, willing to resign for his current 1.2M. Thank you very much.
MC Herlan -- Sold me the last couple of game. After some haggling he'll take another year at 1.3M.

Attack

AMC Fabian Yogi -- Ah, the man himself. 10 goals in 11 league matches, not much else to say about that. Wants a 2M raise to 5.75. I can't pay anyone that much. He won't go below 4.75, which is a lot. He's our best player though, the fans love him -- tough call, but I give it to him.
AMC/ST Oropka -- Not good enough to tempt me to resign him.
AMC/ST Bayhaqi -- Has had his struggles, but the potential speaks for itself. Wants a big raise(3.5M from 2). Won't go below 3. He's worth it, barely.
AMC/ST Sutanto -- His progress this year has made him a decent attacker at this level. We'll nearly double his pay to 1.7M, and that's still a good deal.
ST Ewangin -- Making 3.5 and wants 3.75. He'll need to take a significant pay cut as age is not on his side. I love the guy, but he's not worth this much anymore. I offer 2. Much to my surprise, he eventually takes it after trying to get 3+ for a while. Clearly he wants to stay and can see the handwriting, he's probably a backup next year but I don't want to dump him completely unless he's useless.

The new contracts put us about 3M over budget, enough to make the board a bit edgy but not enough to bring out any outright complaints. We find an MC(39) who would give us good depth, but with the budgetary constraints I can't afford to go after him. A couple of other good players are also out there, but it doesn't do us any good to note that since we don't have the money. Annoying and frustrating, but the fact is that we've made major improvements to the squad this year. There'll be time to try and make further enhancements in the offseason.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 07-08-2014 at 09:00 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote