View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 02:37 AM   #71
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Oh so you're the one who did? :P

1.9 vs. Jakarta Timur(6-1-5, 6th) Getting our best shot at another win in this game is the reason for resting our players in the Cup, so we need to take advantage of it. The visitors are one of the lowest-scoring teams in the group, yet have only one draw despite that(16 for, 14 against). They put just one shot on target against us in a solid 2-0 win the first time we met. Since a streak of three straight wins back in November, they have not been in good form. We are better than even-money favorites(4-5).

Persibbom hosts Persenga and should have little trouble winning that one, and Perssin visits Persebangga in what should be a more difficult challenge.

1' -- 20 seconds in, almost another quick strike but Yogi's roller to the left side was too close and it's blocked away by the keeper. Saragih centers for Saputra, who's off target from outside the area.

5' -- Yogi draws the defense right and the trailer is [/b]Herlan, he puts it off the keeper's hands and in, wasn't deflected enough there. 1-0, and just the kind of start I wanted.

9' -- Herlan again from the middle, brilliant move by Kombo to beat two men and set it up with a centering pass, but the shot's just weak enough for Wayhudi to tip it out.

12' -- A couple of good tackles by Ewangin of all people spring Yogi and his shot is blocked, expected better from him there. Herlan gets yet another decent look off the corner, wide right.

[b]15' -- Rahmat blasts a freekick over the bar, their first chance. They've controlled the midfield too easily. Let's not be foolish, I dial it back a bit, we've been great on the counter play so far anyway.

16' -- Another mindless blast is blocked away, this one by Ewangin.

23' -- Ewangin finds Muda for a freekick header, but we don't need to discuss how horrid that attempt was. Two minutes later, Ewangin tries another from closer, just over the goal.

36' -- After a period of quiet, we work it to Yogi as they pack the box, angled shot is a bit to the right. We're doing much better at controlling the ball, and I go back to our normal balanced approach. A couple minutes later, Ewangin just misses from a tight angle.

42' -- Open volley for Muda, horribly wide. Less than a minute later, a busted play and Sutanto is the first to see what was happening, scoops it up and finds Ewangin at the edge of the area. A nice shot into the left corner, and we're really in business, 2-0.

HT -- One of the more dominant halves I've seen, we could easily have 3-4 goals. As it is, my main concern is how long I should wait until pulling some key people to get them rest for our Cup match. Bayhaqi on for Ewangin right away.

48' -- A header into our area, Sinaga gets to it just before Kombo and blasts it in! 2-1, and not the way I wanted to start the half. Down to one goal ahead, and I pull the defenders back a bit now.

53' -- Another scramble play just outside their area, this time Sutanto will try it himself but he's wide with the attempt.

57' -- Herlan is called for a particularly hard trip as their player receives treatment, and he's given a yellow. I urge caution. It looks like we've taken a decent amount of control again, but there's still lots of time to blow this. We're good at it.

60' -- Irwansyah earns a yellow card for them. Guess they don't want us to beat them at anything ...

Praestyo on for Patay. Meanwhile, both of the other games are still scoreless, rather remarkable, that. PSKT is up 4-3 in another shootout(with Persipon). Their fans won't be bored ...

63' -- Nice intervention by Patay before he comes off, makes me wish I could change my mind as he pokes one away to break up a promising rush. Then absolutely horrid play by Wahjudi. Well two of them actually. A bad throw is taken by Bayhaqi, who crosses after a while and the second mistake is made with a boggled catch. Yogi heads it home from the doorstep, and it's 3-1! They absolutely handed us that goal on a silver platter.

68' -- Setia's turn to bobble one, but Praestyo gets to it and they'll have a corner. It's way overshot and we survive our mistake.

71' -- Sutanto appears to trip over his own feet, and we take him off for Oropka.

74' -- Oropka gets a good look from straight on after a number of passes, Herlan spotting him near the penalty spot, but he can't get it close.

A couple minutes later, Persibom finally scores to go up 1-0 on Persenga. You knew it was going to happen.

78' -- Good positioning for a freekick by Herlan, well wide. He's just not got the range for those, really we don't have anybody that's good at them.

We're playing like we basically don't give a crap all of a sudden, and shock of all shocks they get an angled try against passive defense. A nice diving block robs Sonomar of what looked like a probable goal.

81' -- Yellow for Yarangga. Just cut it out and finish the game guys, seriously. Nice try by Ginting on the freekick, but Setia is there.

84' -- Yellow for Nur Jati tripping Oropka. This is no longer a football match.

89' -- Freekick from 25-30 for Yarangga, and he drills it to the right corner! Haven't seen one from him in over a year's time, and that's the icing on the cake, 4-1.

Persibom adds another, and you can mark down the W for them.

FT -- Big win 4-1, we were complacent at times, at others downright brilliant. Herlan was player of the match, and it was probably his finest of the year.

Persiss had a scoreless draw, allowing us to move a point ahead of them and we're 5 up on them in goal differential. Persibom's win keeps them three up on us yet. They're the standard, but we're not going away like we did in the second half last year.

Had a conversation with Sutanto who's been slacking off in training lately ... didn't go well. Winning solves a lot of things so he's not upset, but it's unfortunate as he's really improving.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote