View Single Post
Old 07-11-2014, 08:39 PM   #74
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

1.31 vs. Yahukimo FC(2-5-7, 10th) The only problems these guys have had this year are offense and defense, near the bottom in both. We flattened them 5-1 in a brilliant display earlier, and will look to take another victory here but with four key players out, it could be tough. If we can get through this one, we'll get not just Yarangga back but also Ferminus back in goal.

Persibom unsurprisingly flattened Persip 3-1, a game they should win by sleepwalking. PSKT is at Persebangga, who drew them earlier and is good enough to make things interesting. Perssin hasn't won since November, with five straight league draws before their loss last time out. If they don't turn that around, things could look pretty rosy for us. Hosting Persenga this time out is a great way to make that happen though.

Three of our last four matches are against the others currently in the yop four of Group D. A dramatic finish certainly appears to be in the offing. But first things first -- a great chance for another win today. We're prohibitive 1-6 favorites ... first time I've been able to say that in a competitive match ... which shows the difference between the two clubs. We're 2-1-0 against them, which is as well as we've done against just about anybody.

3' -- Haryanto angles in and Setia manages to block it out for a corner. We wanted an offside call but don't get one. It comes to Haryanto again in front but he can't get it through traffic. Not a great start, we could easily have given up a score there.

5' -- Saragih up to Yogi down the right side, he's got a bit of a crack here ... and it lands closer to the corner flag than the net. Not what I had in mind.

7' -- Terrible play by Saragih as he comes upfield and gambles, missing completely. Kotto gets a lead pass in the area but has to take a moment to control it, by which time Patay gets back in position and blocks him, good recovery there.

I switch to counter and a deeper line, perhaps a bit knee-jerk here but we look loose at the back and don't have the firepower to reliably rally if we get behind. An immediate rush gives Yogi a wild volley which he sends high.

8' -- Haryanto's free behind the defense, but called offside. We look bad today.

Meanwhile, Persebangga strikes first, up 1-0 on PSKT. Sweet!

15' -- Half volley from Saragih from almost 30 yards, what are you doing ... I mean great job almost scoring as he goes upstairs but it's just high. Shades of Kombo's goal in our last game there.

16' -- Maturbong gets behind Saragih, Setia manages to block it away. We'd be getting killed right now if they weren't even more inept finishers than we are. I'm already prepping a half-time screamfest, we're just lazy out there, lots of balls we should be picking off and taking the other way. Granted Adie is no Yarangga, but we should be better than this.

Oh my gosh. They center it back in, Maturbong in the middle with Patay and Saragih both wearing him. They both miss the ball, he rolls a slow one inside the left post. 0-1

Might as well go back to try and attack a little more, but this is ridiculous. Play was totally covered.

Shots are 8-4 them, possession 58% for them ... we're playing one of the worst teams in the league and getting killed by them, at home. Embarassing.

28' -- Another broken play that we used to win almost all of, they get it, Muda gets over just in time to block out a volley attempt.

33' -- PSKT has tied it up 1-1 with Persenbangga. Meanwhile, we're showing signs of life the last few minutes for the first time all day. A collision and Adie goes down. I have to take him off for Ningmabin. That guy is a walking medical ward, and now our midfield is on life support.

We proceed to yield a corner on an errant backpass by Muda, then Bayhaqi clears it out. Ay caramba.

43' -- We keep up the pressure, and then a brilliant play by the most unlikely people gets us to even. A long kick by Setia is headed well by Oropka over to Ningmabin, who hits a tough half-volley pass right on the money to Bayhaqi(Yogi was also in the vicinity). Imam Bayhaqi calmly controls it and puts an unstoppable blast into the right corner, and we're even at 1! Where did that come from??

44' -- Setia punches an aggressive cross ... straight up ... down right in front of the goal, but Patay who has been fine today gets their first.

HT -- Tied at 1, I still give the team a piece of my mind as that first half-hour was just horrible and I can't just pretend it didn't happen. It resonated with about half of them, while the others stood there with a blank look on their face.

Persebangga added another and are up 2-1 on PSKT just before the half, while Perssin and Persenga are still scoreless, much to my surprise.

46' -- Yogi in the area to Bayhaqi, but he leads him too far right. Doesn't matter. Angled shot from the edge of the box, perfectly placed again!! What on earth happened to him today, this is just brilliant stuff and it's 2-1. I hold off on going to 5 at the back, we're playing so well right now I feel we might be able to get another one. Tough angle there, that was just a sublime finish, almost hit the inside of the post.

50' -- We keep up the pressure, eventually retaining the ball after a scramble in front of the area. It's worked around, Saputra comes free from just outside, had the right idea but sends it high over the right corner of the goal.

58' -- Still in complete control. Saputra leads Bayhaqi, he has a look from just inside the area but it's the off foot, weak and right to the keeper.

69' -- Perssin finally scores to go up 1-0 on Persenga. Surprised it took that long. Meanwhile they're putting up a fight more in midfield, I put in Prasetyo for Oropka again and go with our five at the back group to try and get us home with the win.

At about the same time, Saragih centers for Bayhaqi, our first look in a while but it's wide from outside the area.

72' -- A clearance by Prasetyo hits Muda in the back, and we're lucky all we give up here is a corner. Patay heads it clear. Bad-angle shot by Kogoya is well wide and into the side.

75' -- Perfect lead by Yogi for Saputra, one defender to beat, he's tripped ... no call! I thought that should have been a penalty. Out for a corner and they clear it.

78' -- Bayhaqi goes down at midfield, his brilliant day is over. I have to put Urwan in for him as we've nobody at the appropriate positions, so now we'll have the ridiculous 6-3-1 in place with Urwan moving back to sweeper position behind the line.

It's the most defensive formation I've ever put out there or seen, but we're a bit limited right now and have only a little time to kill.

85' -- Persebangga scores again, 3-1 over PSKT!

87' -- Kogoya with a decent look at angled blast, but it's high. Pretty good opportunity given the number of defenders we have out there.

93' -- Nabu crosses, but Setia is there. That should do it.

FT -- They get one more desperation header but it's nowhere close, and we win 2-1. Tougher than it should have been, but missing almost half our regulars we still get a fourth straight league win to echo our four straight to start the year against the same competition. Bayhaqi was the obvious player of the match with both goals, and I tell them we got away with one today. Most agreed, some didn't like the pressure I was putting on them.

Tough. We have a chance to promote here. Get with the program.

A couple got ticked off that I singled out Yogi and Ningmabin for having done well. But they did ... grow up. No long-term injuries for Bayhaqi and Adie either.

PSKT lost 3-1 as that score held up, and Perssin added another for a 2-0 win over Persenga.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote