View Single Post
Old 07-19-2014, 09:41 PM   #99
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

10.17 vs. Perseba Super(0-1-0) We're favored here a bit, 6-4. The press conference was mostly about the takeover, and I just said it like it is: everybody's a little unsure because we don't know what direction things are going to go.

The only thing I could do is try to go get us another win against one of the few semi-pro clubs in the Premier. We'll run the same lineup out there, and try to get Akbar some second-half time if we can.

4' -- Nice try at an angled volley by Saputra, but he couldn't get enough on that one and it's saved. They are clearly trying to put a lot of bodies between us and the goal in order to avoid the kind of open looks we got in our first game.

12' -- Well, it worked for a bit. Yogi led Sutanto, he wasn't wide open but made a nice move to the middle to free himself and get a better angle, putting it in easily from about 12 yards out. 1-0

24' -- After a good start we're losing the possession battle again, so we tighten up a bit and go with a counter.

25' -- Long header by Saragih is wide and high.

37' -- Tough angled shot by Sutanto, tipped out for a corner. A minute later, a close freekick by Yogi is hideously off-target.

44' -- Saputra to Bayhaqi, heads it across to Yogi whose volley had the right idea but is high.

HT -- Well, I'm being reminded again why we couldnt' care less about possession. 7-0 in shots, defense is tight as a drum so far. It's only a one-goal lead though. I challenge them and note I know they can play even better ... get a lot of indifference.

50' -- Saputra up the right side to Saragih, didn't control it too well and had a horrid angle, blocked out for a corner.

54' -- Volley try in front about 15 out for Umam, but Saragih is right there and blocks it. Another similar play a minute later, they are at least trying to attack us now.

65' -- Freekick for Bachri from about 27, loops one just high. I'm reminded that it only takes one for us to not win this.

70'-- -- Nice header by Muda breaks up an attack, we come back the other way. Yogi and Sutanto 2-on-1, Yogi tries it himself, high and wide. We had to have a way to get a better shot there, I'm not too impressed with Yogi today even though he did have the key assist on our goal earlier.

Akbar for Yogi, Prasetyo for Saragih, fresh legs to finish it off.

85' -- Bad throw-in by Kombo, we take turns giving it away in midfield, then we're up on the counter but Herlan's lead pass for Akbar is too strong, and we get a corner. From which we get another corner, from which we get a wildly flying header by Prasetyo, right general direction but too far off balance and it's into the side.

87' -- Two-man game with Sutanto and Bayhaqi, long shot by Sutanto is just wide left. I notice that he's almost never way off these days. It's either a good on-target attempt or just off.

91' -- What do we do in injury-time? What class?? That's right, we concede equalizers. After having them barely defend a cross well enough, we move it back on, Herlan into the area up the left side, congestion in the middle ... and Perseba are called for a penalty! Ok, maybe we get ourselves an insurance goal. That's new, but I could get used to it.

Sutanto drills it, a manifestation of the fact that he's become our go-to scorer with his play early this year. 2-0, two for him, a brilliant start to the year. It's Pamungkas Yuli's world, I just live in it.

FT -- Another shutout win. Another three shots only surrendered, another game where we lose possession. But when we have it, we're doing good things with it. 2-0, and Sutanto is the obvious player of the match.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote