View Single Post
Old 04-23-2015, 05:44 PM   #952
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

"Wait a sec...", Fontisian says, as everyone gathers in front of The Jackal. "I can figure this out."

She stands there, visibly pondering as the village looks on.

"If Shoveler can figure this out, I can," she said. "He was certain about timmae, and timmae was on my list, too. But I am twice as sure about this one! So I must be right!"

Without further warning, she snaps her rifle up to her shoulder and turns to point it at Autumn. There is a look fo shock on Autumn's face.

"What are you doing?" he asks, incredulously.

"You're a wolf," Fontisian says, creepily calm and assured. The rifle barrel doesn't quiver even a little. "I know it."

"But I am not!" he says, backing up. His hands are up, as if to shield the inevitable bullet.

"You are," she says as she comes to a stop before him. She settles and seems to be aiming her gun.

With a yipe, Autumn breaks into a run for the swamp. Many other Hunters raise their rifles at the move, and some Dukes make to grab him. But Fontisian has the bead on him.

There is a loud of report as her muzzle flashes. The fleeing form of Autumn crumples to the ground face first as he is struck in the back. The village runs up to him, ready for yet another sight of blood spurting out of a villager corpse.

Autumn lies unmoving on the ground, as the closest villager reaches him. He searches for the bullet hole... but there is no blood! Autumn groans, "Owww..." and reaches gingerly for his back as he turns on his side.

"What on Earth did you hit me with, woman?" he spits out irritably between grunts of pain.

Another villager picks ups what appears to be a scrunched up rock.

"You were shot by this!" he says to Autumn. He turned to fontisian. "It's a blank!"

"Blanks? You shot me with a blank?" said Autumn, staring up at his would-be-murderer.

Fontisian seemed as shocked as everyone else, but only for a moment. After a visible recovery, she put on a haughty look and said, "Of course! I wanted to see what everyone would do! Now I know who the real oil profiteers are! And you're not in the clear, either, Mister! Next time, I'll be using my hollow points!"

With that, she harrumphed and sternly strode away.

FONTISIAN is a Hunter and the Blank! She has shot at AUTUMN, and now no other Hunter shots may be taken today!

AUTUMN is still alive and fully capable of taking any actions available to him.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote