View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 06:31 AM   #123
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

I've been a big critic of this last season so it's no surprise that I was pretty underwhelmed by the finale. The garage scene is going to go down as one of the greatest scenes in a tv finale, however - it was stunningly well written and acted. The train scene was the only major surprise and it was exceedingly well done, too, esp. with no dialogue whatsoever. My favorite was the scene at the beginning where they make the decision to abandon Henry, another amazingly well acted scene.

However, most everything else fell completely flat. Renee? Who gives a fuck? Everything about her and her storyline going back seasons were garbage, and in the end there was no payoff, no conclusion, nothing. Oleg? Guess he's done.

But my biggest gripe is the lack of any repercussion or consequence for Elizabeth "turning" in the last few episodes. That was supposed to be a huge betrayal, right? So....what? It's like they forgot it even happened and nothing the characters did or said even hinted that it even happened.

Which ties into my main complaint about the final season - it was like a complete afterthought for the showrunners and writers. They suddenly came to the realization "holy shit, we need a finale, quick!" and they put together a beautiful 15 minutes in the garage. Everything else was back-of-the-napkin crap.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote