View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 11:26 AM   #355
collegesportsfanms
Pro Rookie

Here are the results of the other 24 conference tournaments, all 24 teams will have a spot in the postseason, but only about 10 or so will have a spot in the NCAA tournament (I will mostly fill the 14, 15, and 16 seeds with some of these teams.) The rest will be shipped to either the NIT or the "Best of the Worst" tournament.

America East- Stony Brook
Atlantic Sun- N. Florida
Big Sky- Weber St.
Big South- UNC Asheville
Big West- Long Beach St.
CAA- Charleston
C-USA- Tulsa
Horizon- Youngstown St.
Ivy- Yale
MAAC- Siena
MAC- Buffalo
MEAC- NC Central
MVC- Evansville
MWC- Nevada
Northeast- Robert Morris
Ohio Valley- E. Kentucky
Patriot- Army
Southern- Chattanooga
Southland- Sam Houston St.
Summit- Denver
Sun Belt- Georgia St.
SWAC- Alabama St.
WAC- Utah Valley
WCC- Santa Clara

I have combined these teams record percentage, RPI, and conference RPI to get a final power rating which will be used to decide which teams go where, and to help seed the fields.

As for the 8 conference and 128 teams that I focused on, I've gotten the winning percentage part of the RPI done for 3 conferences, 5 more to go. Then it is on to opponents winning percentage, which I fear could be a headache and take a bit longer than I wanted. Alas, I will get it done! I won't even attempt to do the opponents of opponents RPI, as that is just too confusing. I will just give the winning percentage RPI 35% and give opponents winning percentange 65% to come up with a final RPI. Then I will add that, the record, and conference RPI to come up with a final power ranking for these 128 teams.

Anybody confused yet? I know I'm getting there, and nowhere close to being ready to seed the tournament.

I have all but decided I won't be doing anymore of these season formats, as they are taking too much out of me. Next time will probably just be some kind of round robin tournament like I've done in the past.. but before we even think about next season, I've got to get this one done first!
collegesportsfanms is offline   Reply With Quote