View Single Post
Old 03-22-2015, 12:09 AM   #2
Rawhide
High School Varsity

The hell is this?

Well, that's hardly a polite way to start.

No, I mean, what is this?

It's a dynasty report for a Front Office Football 7 game.

An international NFL team. You've taken the name of a failed NFL Europe team and attached it to your game. How novel.

Well, it's a twist on an old theme. You see, I've already written a London Monarchs story. And also a Jack Hayden story.

I vaguely recall some soccer manager game that you smashed out on the ipad. Yes, and you dumped that Monarchs dynasty more than a year ago after 30 seasons or so. What will be different this time?

Well, look at the schedule for the Monarchs, for starters...

Why does that.....wow! Houston Oilers! Baltimore Colts! What manner of evil is this? What have you done?

We've taken the NFL as it was in 1976 and added four extra teams. All of which happen to be located outside the United States.

I should have realised, if I read that first post in more detail. So, no Carolina, no Jacksonville, no Indianapolis and no Ravens. Wait a minute, no Titans either! Or Texans!

That's right. And there won't be in this dynasty. Also, the Cardinals are back in St Louis and the Rams are in Los Angeles.

Okay....so what about the players?

Well, the rosters now are as they were historically in 1976. The four international teams are filled with scrubs though, so there will be quite a bit of suckitude in these early years. Future draft classes right through to the 2014 draft will have real players, although I can't guarantee the odd fictional quirk here and there.

And what about the coaches?

There's no historical coaches file, as far as I can tell, so all of the coaches are historical.

Right, I think I get it. But why Barcelona?

Well, it is 1976 after all. London needs a division rival close to them, in the same time zone, to cut down on long hours of international travel. I would have chosen Berlin, but, you know, the Wall, the Cold War and all that.

Berlin Wall would be a heck of a name for a team.

All in good time.

Are you always going to have these internal monologues to begin a dynasty?

No, not really. But I don't want it to be a stat dumpfest either. There will be the occasional news story, a snippet from a biography, the perspective of a fan, and we'll also get inside the office of the GM from time to time.

Right, well, you have better continue then...

No, after you....

But I insist....

Well, if you say so....
The clouds methought would open and show riches ready to drop upon me, that, when I wak'd, I cried to dream again.
Rawhide is offline   Reply With Quote