View Single Post
Old 11-09-2005, 11:32 PM   #1
daedalus
Pro Rookie

[FM] Where for art thou, Le Professor?

And so it is that I am taking over the reign of the Arsenal Football Club. Arsene Wenger needed to take a break from the sport and, having been in conversation for a time, he asked for me to take control of the club while he is on leave. Officially, the reason I'm taking over instead of Pat Rice is to make sure the structure that was in place remains in place without much changing. Personally, I have a feeling that I'll be easier to remove than Mr Rice will be when time is up.

We'll see.

-----

Uncommon to our normal operation, I am given a transfer budget of ₤24M to go with a wage budget of approximately ₤1.2M per week. I can't complain much. My own contract is a bit more modest at ₤42.000 per week. Not to be scoffed at, to be sure. And especially not for running the finest football club in the world.

-----

I intend to keep the same low key approach that Arsene always had, along with the same ideology with regards to careful spending. That said, I WILL make the buys if I feel like it will help the team. Regardless of age. I also intend to make a bigger foray into South America than Arsene did. I think that has quite a bit of untapped and, more importantly, cheap talents.

-----

I have always been in favour of having enough personnel to take care of the jobs that need to be done. So I immediately place advertisements for coaches, scouts and physiotherapists. I don't have any intention of getting rid of the ones we have . . . yet. I just want to have more support staff to allow them to their to job right. If they ARE doing it right.

daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote