View Single Post
Old 11-06-2008, 06:42 AM   #356
hoopsguy
General Manager

Wow, hard to believe it had been over two months since someone posted in this thread.

I had posted in this thread back before our baby girl arrived; she is now 18 months old. My weight had slowly but surely gone back up following her arrival, from a low of about 170 up as high as 185. Since I was 188 before I started trying to lose weight, this was a little disconcerting. But work had been busy, bad habits (too much Coke, too many bad choices eating out) had set back in, and I wasn't finding time on the treadmill.

About two weeks ago I got sick and lost my appetite for a few days. I went from 185 down to 178, and I've managed to keep the weight off. The doctor gave me some pills that had a high dose of caffeine in them, so I went without Coke for a few days. Since getting off the medication I've leveled out at one per day and will try to keep shrinking that number. And I've tried to work on portion control with my meals, reminding myself it is OK not to finish everything when I'm not truly hungry.

Work looks like it will be a little less busy this month, so I'm going to try and get the treadmill back into the mix a couple of times per week. If I can do this I think I can probably get back down to 170 by the end of the year. That is the goal, for now.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote