View Single Post
Old 03-03-2006, 07:58 AM   #320
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Well that was not a good night action for us.

Saldana, are you going to update the player roster on Page 1 with information on the deaths or will that be something that is integrated with each of the "Night X" results going forward? Because at the moment I don't see the list (with the dead denoted as such) anywhere. Thanks.

OK, in yesterdays vote there was an early run-up on Qwikshot, followed by a number of votes on alternate candidates. This was pretty evident when I posted the totals in Post #228 - this was about 2.5 hours before the deadline. From that point on, there was pretty steady movement away from Qwikshot.

- Post #238: Qwik posts the method to his madness (about 1 hours before deadline)
- Post #244: Gram unvotes Stkelly, votes for Superman (revealed as Jedi, 8 minutes before deadline, rationale is move towards non-voter and non-active player)
- Post #247: Saldana posts that there are 5 minutes to deadline, Qwikshot is in lead 6-4
- Post #248: SackAttack moves his vote from Qwikshot to Superman, creating a tie (agrees with Grams post as reason for doing this, 4 minutes to deadline)
- Post #249: Eaglesfan (known Jedi) asks Sack why he created a tie, that this is often not good strategy
- Post #250: Ardent moves his vote from Schmidty to Superman, breaking the tie and ultimately sealing his fate (reason - "I'll gamble", 2 minutes before deadline).

So I think that Qwikshot, Grammaticus, SackAttack, and Ardent are the people that we should be looking at more closely today. There is obviously a chance that all both Qwikshot and Superman were/are Jedi. Even if that is the case, I think there is value from looking at this voting logic. Here are the scenarios as I see them:

1.) If Qwikshot is a Sith then there would have been some movement to save him if it didn't appear to be a lost cause.
2.) If Qwikshot is a Jedi then there doesn't appear to be much reason at all for a Sith to switch their votes late (thus drawing attention) in a showdown between two Jedi.

I was urging caution yesterday on the early bandwagon because I felt that if Qwikshot was a Jedi then we were making it too easy for the Sith yesterday. But now I think there is a pretty decent chance that wasn't the case. I think that we have a lot to learn from a Qwikshot lynch today, because if he is a Jedi then the other three players listed above all move up my trusted list just a little bit.

VOTE QWIKSHOT

I'll obviously move this if someone has compelling evidence from last night, finds significant flaws with this logic, or can put forth a better plan of action.

Seems good to me

Vote Qwikshot
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote