View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 01:16 PM   #103
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Background

Like Radii, I feel the need to get into this. I'm 21, in my senior year at college and weigh 270 at 5'10". Growing up I've always been an athlete, in high school I played varsity soccer, basketball, and tennis. I was always a bit bigger than everyone else, but usually hovered around 170-185. During high school at some point I tore my meniscus in my knee, but decided I wanted to finish up my high school athletic time before I had my surgery. As soon as I got to college, the university diet killed me, plus I couldn't really exercise due to my knee being impossible. I had surgery sophomore year, which was great, i started exercising again and dropped 15-20 pounds. Unfortunately, my knee started acting up again, and found out I still had a partial tear and scar tissue. So I have surgery scheduled 2 days after X-Mas this year, but this limits my exercise possibilities until then.

Goal

Ideally, I'd like to drop down to my high school weight, 180 or so but anywhere under 200 I would be ecstatic. I'm not too sure what a good timetable on this is...I've never really had to diet before, since i was so active when i was younger.

Problems

Aside from the knee problem, there are couple things that are killing my weight. First off, I'm a weekend alcoholic, like many college students. I feel though that I'm above and beyond many, drinking 40-50 beers a weekend. It's tough being in college to cut that out, but I think I can reduce my drinking to once a week. Second, the college diet, it's a killer. To go along w/ the drinking, there's usually the drunk off your ass cooking at 3am. But I am in an apartment off-campus now so I can buy my own groceries and eat healthier than on-campus.

Exercise

The knee thing really is a problem until it's fixed this winter. I really can't do much of anything, except walk (and my knee still locks up). The good thing is, I can walk to my classes and back to my apartment (about 3 miles total), and do that 3 times a week. I'll be doing pushups and situps as well.

Diet?

I'm hoping that's where some of you guys can help me out. I'm not really sure what to eat. I don't drink soda, which is a plus. I need to cut out snack foods, especially after dinner. Any suggestions would be great help. I do like chicken and some fish so I could do something like that. But good side dishes, i don't know. Portions is another thing I def. need to cut down on.

Soo...here goes nothing!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote