View Single Post
Old 01-10-2007, 11:49 AM   #149
NevStar
High School Varsity

PROGRESS (1/1 - 1/8)

I spent New Years' Day searching for a health club. I'm kicking myself for waiting for the new year to start this & applaud you guys in this thread for starting last year, without waiting for a calendar change to catalyze you. Suprisingly, most of the clubs I look at are closed... you'd think it'd be a good day to pick up new memberships. I narrow my search down to 2 clubs: Anytime Fitness & O-2. O-2 is huge, has sparkling new equipment, and fru-fru cardio "theme" rooms. The "pump room" has lots of bright lights, while the "getaway room" is pitch dark and supposedly more relaxing (not sure how relaxed you're supposed to be working out, but *shrug*). Anytime, on the other hand, is much smaller and no-frills. However, they're open 24 hours, and are a national chain. There's one branch close to my house & one close to work. That clinched it for me (well that, plus, the cute manager who smiled & batted her eyes at me... I'm a sucker). After doing a complementary, trial workout at both places, on Wednesday I sign up at Anytime Fitness.

I worked out everyday except Saturday. I started only being able to go 10 minutes on the elliptical and worked my way up to 20.

Eating was not as good. I do well until about 10 pm, when I find myself starving & binging on a late-night snack, usually chips & guacamole. I'm going to try to correct that by eating more during breakfast & lunch, since I probably wasn't eating enough before.

Starting Weight: 445
Current Weight (1/8): 438 (-7)
Total Weight Lost: 7