Old 04-21-2014, 02:33 PM   #22
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Sunday Week 3, January 2014
Live from Mid West Region

SWF Presents When Hell Freezes Over
Live on Pay Per View

Pre Show

Enforcer Roberts defeated American Machine by submission with the R.C.T.
Time: 6:54
Rating: 69/C+

The Amazing Bumfholes defeated Quadruple B by pinfall when Randy Bumfhole hit Bart Biggins with The Bumfhole Blaster (dead serious).
Time: 10:04
Rating: 72/B-

As is customery at SWF events, the Legendary Christian Faith came out to get the crowd ready for the show tonight.
Time: 6:30
Rating: 85/B+

Main Show

(c) vs.

Hero Squad defeated The Platinum Blondes by pinfall when Jungle Lord hit the Jungle-Jack Hammer on James Prudence. Hero Squad retains the SWF World Tag Team Championship.
Time: 14:55
Rating: 73/B-

Jack Bruce is in the back. He gives his reaction to finding out that tonight the main event will be a No DQ match. He then hypes the match.
Time: 7:42
Rating: 92/A

In a comedy segment, Lobster Warrior is walking around the back. He seems to be terrorized by giant shadows of Marat Khoklov. Eventually he just takes off running.
Time: 4:06
Rating: 77/B

Vengeance defeated Robbie Retro by pinfall with the Skull Krusher.
Time: 1:36

vs.

Marat Khoklov defeated Lobster Warrior by pinfall following the Moscow Lariat.
Time: 12:20

Up next, Valiant stages his protest. Valiant brings a chair out to the ring and says he is NOT leaving until Eric Eisen comes out and faces him like a man. Eisen comes out from the back, oddly flanked by Brandon James, Paul Huntingdon, and Rogue from the Chase Agency. A battle of the minds ensues as Eisen attempts to convince Valiant to leave the ring to no avail. Eventually, Eisen proposes the idea of a 1 vs. 1 match RIGHT NOW between Valiant and Eisen. Valiant is more than happy to accept the challenge.
Time: 8:12
Rating: 82/B

Eric Eisen defeated Valiant by Disqualification. During the match, Eisen was blatant about breaking the rules and the referee allowed it. As soon as Valiant took a chair from Eisen, the referee called for the bell.
Time: 10:16
Rating: 67/C+

Following the match Eisen and The Chase Agency make a quick retreat from the ring area.
Time: 1:12

(c) vs.

Des Davids defeated Squeeky McClean by Count Out. After becoming frustrated with not being able to put away Des Davids, McClean had enough of the match and left the ring area with his belt. Squeeky McClean retains the SWF North American Championship.
Time: 11:55
Rating: 74/B-

In the back, the camera finds Rich Money talking to Joe Sexy. It is unclear what is being said, but $100 dollar bills clearly change hands. When they notice they camera, they quickly split apart.
Time: 3:31
Rating: 78/B

The Chase Agency (Brandon James, Paul Huntingdon, and Rogue) defeat Christian Faith and Steve Frehley by pinfall when Brandon James scores a quick roll-up and grabs a handful of tights on Faith.
Time: 22:14
Rating: 81/B

In the back, Jack Bruce and Remo run into each other. The two get into an intense staredown and exchange words. They nearly come to blows, but backstage staff and other wrestlers enter the scene and keep the two apart.
Time: 6:09
Rating: 98/A+

The Chase are extremely excited at their victory. Emma Chase puts her men over strongly in a promo. All members of The Chase Agency are present, but only Emma talks.
Time: 6:47
Rating: 80/B

Angry Gilmore defeated Rich Money by Count Out after botched interference from Joe Sexy left Rich Money unable to answer the bell.
Time: 32:21
Notes: The crowd was burned out.

Following the match, Gilmore celebrates in the ring. Meanwhile on the outside, Rich Money is yelling at Joe Sexy for costing him the bout.
Time: 6:18
Rating: 83/B+

(c) vs.

Jack Bruce defeated Remo by pinfall after a New York Minute to retain the SWF World Heavyweight Championship. This was a No Disqualification Match.
Time: 22:22

Final Rating: 83/B+
Buy Rate: 4.24

Note: I burned the crowd out following the Jack Bruce/Remo angle and they were not able to get back into the show. That meant that both my Main Event and my 2nd to last match each got heavily dinged for a burnt out crowd. I was lucky get out of this with an 83.

I over thought this card. I had the entire thing booked, but then I realized that I only had 1 angle that I thought would be a "hot" angle. I know that show ratings were changed in this version, and that you need two great angles per show to satisfy the angle rating factor of the final show rating. So I went back and added in the Bruce/Remo confrontation and started to cut segment times elsewhere to fit it in. In hindsight, that was a terrible idea. In TEW, much as with wrestling in real life, you have to balance putting on a good show, successfully handling the crowd, and telling solid/interesting stories. This change put me closer to putting on a good show (Got to have them 2 angles), but it cost me the crowd. Since these are all in a precarious balance, losing the crowd then in turn reduced the rating of every segment that followed.

It seems my strategy of closing out the show with a strong angle/Match/angle/Match isn't going to work in this version. I think that both of the last two matches probably lost around 10% of their ratings due to the dead crowd and if I had not added the damn Remo-Bruce segment I probably hit home with an A rated card.

I probably still could have kept that angle if I had just changed match order slightly. I think following it with something like Vengeance/Retro and moving the handicap match to an early portion of the show would have worked as well. Still, I shouldn't be upset, this card was a success, gave us some good press, didn't hurt our popularity, and will boost backstage morale. My backstage rating is now 87%, up from 64% when I took over. Cutting Everest, putting on solid shows, and running with worker friendly rules has helped me boost the rating tremendously in a short amount of time.

Last edited by dubb93 : 04-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote