View Single Post
Old 01-03-2019, 04:01 PM   #63
MIJB#19
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzach View Post
this is great stuff mijb -- i keep coming back here to check your updates.
Writing about the old stuff was both time intensive and cool to pick up. At the same time, this particular season of jumping back into writing, we actually had a solid season. The 500 points barrier feels like the borderline between also-ran and bowl worthy.

The team of 2023 was my favorite offense, it was fun to bring that talent together and see it work. Until injuries made the post-season end in deception. QB Russell Harrison, RB Stanley Givens, WR Gabe Springer, WR Terry Thomason...

The 2059 team that went 15-1, yet one-and-done, stung too. While the talent was marginal, that team was Jackie Collier Tigers good, the results were exceptional. A team that lost 2 bowl games around that season. QB Lester Lowe, WR Stanley, WR Oburn, TEs Forbes and Jurevicius... A defense with CB Everett Heiser, S Lonnie Razo, DTs Lapointe and Singletary...

In retrospect, I wish I had written about the 2066 season when we won it all, that would have been fun to re-read. Especially with the kind of team it was. It slightly was still built on the 2059 team building blocks C Whelan, LT Yonney, WR Stanley and WR Ellard. But with the enigmatic QB Alfred Hickman, but mostly being a completely rebuilt defense, with Shaun Hartman and the Class of 2064.

The team with the excellent defense of the 2037-2040 era was also fun. WR Haskell carried it. LB Wesley Devine, safeties Hopper and Walker...

And then there was the 2007 defense that grew into the zone only defense. Those were the times when novelties turned out to be over the line of what the game was supposed to do, forcing patches and all.

On to 2079, it will be really interesting to see what the loss of QB Bennett Morris and C Tom Anaya will do...
MIJB#19 is offline   Reply With Quote